We are looking for the next individual to join our team as an Associate Wealth Advisor. The preferred candidate will be a self-starter who displays initiative and a positive attitude, a high level of integrity, and the motivation to take on a variety of tasks in a team-oriented environment. The successful candidate will be an individual who demonstrates a high level of respect for each person they encounter, is truly interested in continual personal and professional growth, and finds personal fulfillment in providing outstanding customer service and generally helping others.
Job Summary: The Associate Wealth Advisor will work collaboratively with our Private Client Advisors throughout the planning process to prepare comprehensive and accurate financial plans. This position has a career path to becoming an advisor commensurate to the needs of the firm and the goals of the individual.
- Gather, input, and analyze financial planning data utilizing eMoney, and other tools.
- Collaborate with multiple advisors to develop, update, and implement financial plans.
- Manage and track the financial planning process.
- Attend and participate in client meetings as necessary.
- Seek out new opportunities to assist advisors in the planning process
- Effectively prioritize workloads and timelines.
- An Associate Wealth advisor will be an active member of the Private Client Team that strives to be thought leaders in the broad areas of financial planning and investments with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of industry trends and knowledge of Goelzer’s competitive landscape.
- Ensure that effective and regular communication is provided to clients in a manner that is most suitable for them, our firm, and our industry, with interactions logged in the firm’s CRM system.
- Perform additional services as appropriate to meet and exceed each client’s needs and expectations.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Up to 3 years of experience in Financial Planning and/or in an Advisor role.
- Broad familiarity with financial planning concepts and tools.
- Solid understanding of financial planning.
- Demonstrated competency in the use of the firm’s CRM and Goelzer Wealth Vision (eMoney) are a plus.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and consultative investment advisory skills.
- Dedication to professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills (i.e., financial and data analysis).
- Passion for the industry and a constant desire to continually learn and research relevant subject matter.
- Excel and PowerPoint skills are required, and the ability to quickly master the firm’s CRM is essential. Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), organizational skills, and keen attention to detail are critical.
- Ability to produce high-quality work in a demanding, often time-constrained, environment is crucial.
- Associate Wealth advisors demonstrate initiative, creativity, judgment, maturity, and poise.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree in Investment or Finance-related discipline, with a degree in Economics, Finance, statistics & Mathematics preferred.
- Series 65 license required (within first three months of employment).
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification preferred or in process.
With over 50 years of experience and more than $2.5 billion in assets under advisement, Goelzer Investment Management is an investment advisory firm that leverages our proprietary investment and financial planning strategies to help successful families and institutions Dream, Invest, and Live. Goelzer is one of the largest Registered Investment Advisory firms in Indiana and has earned the Best Place to Work Indiana for seven of the past eight years. For more information about our firm, please visit www.goelzerinc.com.