If you find yourself at a professional crossroads, a career as a financial advisor may be the right change for you. Financial advisors partner with clients to help them achieve their long-term financial goals: retirement, building wealth, estate strategies, funding education, and more. As a financial advisor with Edward Jones, you’ll develop and grow your own practice, supported by your branch team, a home-office team, and other regional financial advisors. You’ll benefit from the experience that comes from over 100 years of history. We’re proud to have more offices in the U.S. and Canada than any other investment firm, serving over eight million clients.
Our financial advisors are valued partners, and we credit much of our success to their unique experiences and professional backgrounds. We value an inclusive environment where everyone’s different viewpoints help to achieve results. Financial advisors lead the branch team to serve clients and contribute to the firm's purpose. They deeply understand the client's goals and why they are important to accelerate trust and help them stay on track.
Edward Jones helps you positively impact clients’ lives and work together to achieve their long-term financial goals, enabling you to make a difference in your community.
We'll give you the support you need. Our team will be there every step of the way, providing:
• Paid training – Get registered and licensed and learn how to be a financial advisor with a firm that has been recognized as a top training company 1.
• Salary for the first four years as you begin to build your practice2
• A firm-provided branch office in the community
• Branch team support to help lighten the load so you can focus on your clients
• A support network that extends from your branch office to your region to the home office – You’ll work independently but will have a team of thousands backing you every step of the way.
You can also expect…
- No ceiling to your earning potential and growth, and your compensation is tied to the effort you put in
- A compensation package that includes opportunities for commissions, profit sharing, and incentive travel
- The flexibility that you need to balance your personal and professional lives – the best of both worlds
- A culture of continuous improvement and professional development
- Build relationships to create new clients via face-to-face and virtual sourcing strategies (residential, business, networking, introductions and referrals, social media, and speaking engagements).
- Deeply understand clients' and prospective clients' needs, priorities, and concerns to accelerate trust and create personalized, comprehensive strategies to help them achieve their goals.
- Oversee branch processes, roles, and responsibilities to ensure a high-quality, streamlined client experience consistent with firm policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, and ethical guidelines.
- Engage the branch team to create, monitor, and adjust the branch business plan to increase branch effectiveness and achieve desired business results.
- Create a highly engaging environment in the branch of mutual trust, respect, feedback, and accountability.
Take the next step toward a new beginning with Edward Jones. Don’t wait, apply today!
1 For the 23rd consecutive year, Edward Jones was named a top company for training. The firm ranked No.14 on Training magazine’s prestigious 2023 Training APEX awards list by Training magazine. 2023 Training Magazine Training Apex Award, published February 2023, data as of September 2022, an application fee was required for consideration
2 As your new asset compensation and commissions increase over the first four years, salary will decrease
Successful financial advisors demonstrate a unique combination of ambition, self-motivation, and commitment to establishing long-term client relationships. Financial advisors grow the business through identifying and creating new ideal clients through initial discovery and deepening relationships with existing clients through ongoing discovery. Financial advisors are driven by performance and compensation, and earning potential is reflective of their performance. They’re confident and possess the ability to think critically with sound judgment.
What characteristics would make you a successful financial advisor?
- An interest in financial services/markets and how they work
- Love of learning and challenges, including determination to succeed
- Skilled in long-term relationship building
- Comfortable in your ability to think critically
- Passion for new opportunities
Can you see yourself…
- Learning to be a financial advisor through our comprehensive training program?
- Delivering personalized investment and financial solutions to your clients?
- Taking ownership of your business’s growth and success?
- Meeting professional and personal objectives as they relate to building your practice?
- Working in and positively impacting your local community?
Candidates should have at least one of the four qualifications bullets listed below:
- A bachelor's degree is strongly preferred or equivalent work-related experience with a track record of success
- Financial services and/or sales experience
- Financial services registration, licensing, or certification
- Professional and/or military career progression
- Series 7 and Series 66 will be required; if not currently registered, registrations may be obtained at Edward Jones during the assigned paid study period
- FINRA registrations required within three months. State insurance licenses will be required.
- As an associate, you are required to complete ongoing training offered by the firm and regulatory authorities, as well as required training to maintain registrations and licenses in good standing.
Awards & Accolades
- Named a “Top 100 Companies to Watch for Fully Remote Jobs in 2023,” ranking No. 10, up 14 spots from 2022, by Virtual Vocations.” Top 100 Companies to Watch for Fully Remote Jobs in 2023, published January 2023, research by Virtual Vocations. Data as of December 2022.
- Edward Jones scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) which designates Edward Jones as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+ Equality. 2022 Best Places to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work® in partnership with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- For the 23rd consecutive year, Edward Jones was named a top company for training. The firm ranked No. 14, up 10 spots on Training magazine's prestigious 2023 Training Top 100 list. 2023 Training Magazine Training Apex Award, published February 2023, data as of September 2022, an application fee was required for consideration.
Join a financial services firm where your contributions are valued. Edward Jones is a Fortune 500 company where people come first. With over 8 million clients and 19,000 financial advisors across the U.S. and Canada, we’re proud to be privately-owned, placing the focus on our clients rather than shareholder returns.
Behind everything we do is our purpose: We partner for positive impact to improve the lives of our clients and colleagues, and together, better our communities and society. We are an innovative, flexible, and inclusive organization that attracts, develops, and inspires performance excellence and a sense of belonging.
People are at the center of our partnership. Edward Jones associates are seen, heard, respected, and supported. This is what we believe makes us the best place to start or build your career.