If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career, the Associate Financial Advisor role at Edward Jones may be the right opportunity for you. With the same licensing as our Financial Advisors, Associate Financial Advisors work with an established Financial Advisor to serve clients, grow the branch, and positively impact communities in alignment with firm strategy.
Our Associate Financial Advisors are an essential part of the client team, and we rely on their unique experiences, insights, and professional backgrounds. We value different viewpoints to help achieve exceptional results and improve the lives of our clients.
We’ll give you the support you need.
Our team will be there every step of the way, providing:
- Paid training – Get registered and licensed and learn how to be an associate financial advisor with the industry’s top training program A support network that extends beyond your branch office and includes headquarters assistance via phone, email and firm intranet resources
As a salaried professional, you can also expect…
- A compensation package that includes bonus potential, 401K, and comprehensive and competitive health benefits Paid time off, including vacation, sick, holidays and personal days A culture of continuous improvement and professional development
What characteristics would make you a successful Associate Financial Advisor?
- Commitment to building meaningful connections and long-lasting relationships with clients with an understanding of legal and regulatory requirements related to selling financial solutions Working independently with strong problem solving, critical thinking, and sound judgment to identify, analyze, and resolve multiple issues related to personalized investment solutions, involving the FA when appropriate A resilient, creative and progressive mindset supporting a nimble learning environment to incorporate feedback, and adapt to changes Entrepreneurial personality, driven to achieve results as an individual and team with attention to detail, organization and time management skills to manage multiple projects in a dynamic and highly collaborative organization
Key responsibilities with existing and newly created clients
Responsibilities performed for all existing clients may include:
- Gathering information and collecting suitability to deeply understand clients' and prospective clients' needs, priorities, and concerns in order to accelerate trust and create a personalized, comprehensive strategy to achieve their goals.
- Meeting with clients regularly to track progress toward goals, uncover additional assets, proactively address emerging concerns, and adjust their strategy to ensure their needs are met.
- Partnering with other members of the clients' professional team such as attorneys, accountants, trust officers, to help fully understand clients' goals and circumstances.
- Researching portfolio performance, cost/fees, asset allocation and changes to portfolio construction/investments, and make recommendations to client.
- Collaborate with the FA and branch team to ensure alignment and create, monitor, and adjust the branch business plan to increase branch effectiveness and achieve desired business results.
- Cultivating relationships with organizations and businesses to maintain presence in the community and obtain referrals and new business.
- Coordinate with the FA to assist in the creation of new clients via face-to-face and virtual sourcing strategies.
High School Diploma/Equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Series 7 and Series 66 required
At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in securities industry preferred
[AWARDS & ACCOLADES]
- Edward Jones has earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® ranking by Great Place to Work® and Fortune magazine. Edward Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list. 2022 Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For®, published April 2022, research by Great Place to Work®, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating. From FORTUNE ©2022 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) which designates Edward Jones as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+ Equality 2022 Best Places to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work® in partnership with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating. From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved.
- For the 22nd consecutive year, Edward Jones was named a top company for training. The firm ranked No.24 on Training magazine's prestigious 2022 Training Top 100 list. 2000-2022 Training Magazine Training Apex Award, published January-March each year, data as of September of prior year, an application fee was required for consideration.
- Edward Jones ranked Highest in Employee Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms. 2022 Highest in Employee Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms in the J.D. Power U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study, published by JD Power July 2022, data as of May 2022. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating. For J.D. Power 2022 award information, visit jdpower.com/awards.
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000 branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe, and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.