Our mission at Solitude is to be the best wealth management firm for pilots of United Airlines. Our deep knowledge of UAL’s retirement plan & benefits package has helped us build a stellar reputation in our niche. As a result, we’re getting more interest than ever from prospective clients. We currently advise over a hundred active and retired pilot households and are looking to bring on hundreds more in the years to come. We care deeply about our mission and believe that with the right people in place, our potential is unlimited.
We’re based in downtown Charlottesville, Virginia—a vibrant city consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in the United States.
We’re looking for an experienced and skilled Wealth Advisor to join our growing firm. This person will serve as the “focus advisor” for about 50 households and will be a key part of Solitude’s growth.
About the Role
Wealth Advisors are the “captains” of our clients’ financial lives. As such, their responsibilities include:
- Providing advice and guidance to clients on a range of topics including benefits, cash management, retirement planning, tax planning and estate planning
- Creating and updating financial plans in eMoney
- Performing tax analysis and planning in Holistiplan
- Working with the other Wealth Advisors and members of our team to deliver standardized, ongoing advice through our Client Service Calendar
- Answering ad hoc questions from clients
- Leading and participating in virtual and in-person meetings with clients
- Delivering financial plan proposals to prospective clients
- Ensuring our firm’s services are delivered to the highest standard
- Depending on your experience and interests, future responsibilities may include compliance, trading or marketing activities.
This role does not include prospecting or business development activities, nor do we seek advisors with an existing book of business that they would like to maintain.
- 10+ years’ experience as a Lead Advisor
- CFP professional in good standing
- Willing to relocate to the Charlottesville, VA area
Our salary range for this position is $125,000 to $165,000. In addition, we also include a path to equity ownership and performance bonuses.
- Four weeks of personal time that you are encouraged to use.
- Sick time accrues at 1 day per quarter, and can be carried to future years.
Health & Financial Wellness
- Solitude will pay all medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your immediate family.
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Annual support for your CFP registration and required CE hours, as well as travel and registration to select industry conferences.
- We have a robust 401k plan modeled after United’s PRAP. It offers Roth and post-tax contributions (with in-plan conversions) up to the 415c limit. Solitude provides a ‘safe harbor’ match of up to 4% of the first 5% of employee contributions.
- Relocation assistance if needed. This is not a remote position. We believe that the strongest teams and best ideas come from in-person collaboration. Our hybrid work environment means we have some days in the office and some working from home.
- We will provide you with all necessary Mac + Apple equipment and accessories.
- Optional company-sponsored events and travel throughout the year
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com, along with a brief bio—personal and professional—about how you got to where you are today.