Wealth Management - Summer 2024 Internship
Location: Deerfield, IL
Status: Paid Internship
Work Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8am-5pm
Strategic Wealth Partners (“SWP”) is an independently managed wealth management firm that has been partnering with clients since 2008. Our purpose is to Manage Complexity and Deliver Simplicity. We partner with clients to fulfill their goals and aspirations. We are a firm that clients and employees are proud to work with. We seek innovative solutions to meet client needs, drive firm growth, and create opportunities for team members.
SWP consists of a team of professionals offering personalized financial planning and investment advisory services. Our objective is simple: to provide our clients with successful wealth strategies, independent, objective advice, and personalized service. We take the time to understand our client's unique circumstances. To achieve this, we foster an environment that attracts individuals who are interested in continuing to develop their technical expertise and have a deep conviction about client service and relationships. Additional firm information can be reviewed online at www.stratwealth.com.
We have created an internship program for rising seniors in order to attract top talent to our organization and provide an opportunity to further develop knowledge of wealth management and financial planning. Interns that successfully complete the program may be invited back upon graduation to interview for a full-time position.
Interns can expect to be directly involved in a variety of activities and projects involving investments, financial planning, client meetings, marketing and operations. SWP’s program ensures that interns develop a good understanding of our firm’s culture and services through direct training, “Lunch & Learn” sessions, internal meetings and social events. The intern will be required to make one formal presentation to the SWP team.
• An undergraduate “rising senior;" graduating class of 2025
• Pursuing a degree in finance, investments, or financial planning
• Minimum 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Past experience in wealth management or financial planning a plus
• Desire to pursue a career in financial planning or wealth management.
• Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
• Cover letter & writing sample required