The Intern position is a temporary position that exists to provide a student with a general department overview and supervised practical training. The duties and responsibilities of the position will vary and will be dependent upon the department where the employee is assigned to work. General duties will be assigned to give the student an overview of the department and a chance to develop some of the entry level skills required in the department
Duties and Responsibilities
The Advisory Intern may gain exposure in the following areas, subject to availability and scheduling constraints:
- Set up tracking for all clients’ completed Financial Planning tasks with dates when completed
- Identify those clients that need planning meetings scheduled
- Participation in client meeting preparation, observing client meetings, and assisting with meeting follow up
- Assist in strategic plan to bring all clients current on planning
- Email and follow up on Ideal Futures assessments if outdated
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as requested
- Perform other duties as requested
A couple things to note about our Internships:
- This position is based at our Cedar Rapids, IA office.
- Due to the nature of the work, this role will require you to work in person, so you will need to have reliable transportation.
- This is a seasonal role, beginning in June ending in August.
- Full-time hours are expected, working Monday-Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM.
The Intern position typically requires the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma and currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in finance, financial planning, business or economics from an accredited college or university.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, able to work well with internal and external clients
Why Join Us?
Upon completion of our internship program, you will have a working knowledge of the business units within a growing fee-only, independent, RIA firm. You will have developed entry level skills required in a professional setting. You will have a better understanding of their ideal career path with the newly gained experience setting them up for success right out of the gate. You will also have a network of lifelong partners invested in their career success to consult with.
Let us help you on your path to your ideal career - apply today!
Collective Wisdom. We're Better Together.
If you think that most financial firms look, talk, and act alike and you’re looking for something deeper and more approachable, then we think you’re ready for our wise counsel. We believe our unpretentious, unassuming, common sense approach will help put you at ease about your finances. Our expansive team approach allows our financial advisors the depth of resources necessary to solve the most complicated problems.
We have a deep bench of in-house estate planning, taxation, and accounting specialists to analyze your situation through the lens of their respective discipline. As your team collaborates, the valuable insights from each of the members is applied to your situation. The result is a thorough plan of action that is ready for final review and execution. Since 1986, we have focused on one key principle: all financial advice should be made strictly in the best interest of the client. But it goes beyond that...we are committed to helping our clients pursue peace of mind through the insight, wisdom, and perspective we are able to offer.
If you want to be part of a culture that is defined through strong values - Savant is right for you.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position.
Any combination of equivalent education and work experience will be considered.
Savant Capital, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer