Financial Planning Intern
Overview & Responsibilities
The Financial Planning Intern works in a supporting role to prepare financial plans and provide service to clients. It’s not busy work! It’s learning the role and responsibility of a financial planning analyst at our firm.
- Prepare and update financial plans using Microsoft Office and financial planning software
- Create and maintain high credibility relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Follow up with clients to validate data received and clarify objectives.
- Participate in client meetings and document meeting discussions.
- Develop initial strategies for client plans
- Collaborate with other members of the planning team on strategies.
- Document assumptions and calculations.
- Ensure data request fulfilled and/or discuss with planner to determine if there is an exception.
- Meet deadlines for the lead advisor to review the plan. Special projects as needed to enhance financial planning delivery and consistency.
- Maintain client confidentiality in line with company’s compliance procedures.
- Cross-train with the operations team on scheduling, document management, and assisting with client calls.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills & Attitudes
- In process of completing Certified Financial Planner™ educational requirements and/or hold the Financial Paraplanner Qualified Professional (FPQP) designation. Clean regulatory record with no disclosures. Friendly, confident, sincere approach to interpersonal relationships with high emotional intelligence. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to think critically and analytically through client issues. Ability to articulate thought process when handling new tasks. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, email, accounting software, scanning software, and other financial planning software Accuracy, reasonable speed, and attention to detail for record keeping and working with client data. Highest level of ethical responsibility and respect for client privacy. Desire and willingness to take on additional responsibilities for both personal development and firm growth. Desire and ability to work independently and as part of a team. Commitment to core values of best interest of the client, respect, competence, professionalism, accessibility, and work-life balance.
About Keener Financial Planning
Keener Financial Planning is a fee-only financial planning and SEC-registered investment advisory firm located in Keller, TX (part of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex). As members of the Garrett Planning Network and NAPFA, our mission is to provide objective, expert financial advice tailored to each client’s unique situation. With accessibility as one of our core values, services range from a la carte financial advice on an hourly or flat-fee basis to comprehensive financial planning and investment management.
As a team of 14 people, we celebrate diversity and are dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all clients and team members. Our next intern will enjoy working with colleagues and clients from a wide variety of backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Financial Planning Intern Position Details
The ideal candidate will thrive in a supporting role to prepare high quality financial plans and provide service to clients. This is a full-time, paid internship for the summer of 2024. Opportunities may be offered for continued part-time employment while in school or full-time after graduation. The internship is in-person at our Keller office. Remote work will be considered for part-time role while finishing school.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to Director of Operations, Kelli Hinton – email@example.com