Why RMB Capital?
RMB Capital Management, LLC is a rapidly growing Chicago-based investment advisory firm with $9.50 billion in assets under management. We are seeking a Wealth Advisor to join our team in Oakbrook Terrace, IL.
At RMB Capital, we are committed to building relationships and making a difference. We regularly appreciate our employees who demonstrate our values. We host monthly events including themed happy hours to give our employees the opportunity to build relationships by getting to know each other.
We are passionate about enriching the lives of our teammates, our clients, our partners, and the communities in which we live and work. Our values are:
- Do the Right Thing
- Invest in Relationships
- Never Settle
- Leave No Stone Unturned
- Get It Done
We are actively committed to the personal, professional, and financial growth of each other. We believe there is no greater accomplishment than knowing that at the end of the day, we are making a difference.
RMB has grown dramatically since its founding in 2005 to be counted among Barron's Top 50 Independent Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) globally. Our businesses include wealth management, family office services, asset management, and retirement plan consulting. Our headquarters are in Chicago, Illinois. We have offices in Chicago, Illinois, Denver, Colorado, Lake Forest, Illinois, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, St. Joseph, Michigan, and Washington D.C.
About The Role
Our team is comprised of passionate, forward-thinking professionals eager to take on the challenge of meeting client’s unique investment and retirement goals. We are looking for a candidate that is inspired by our values and motivated to help people achieve their investment, financial, and life goals.
The Wealth Advisor (WA) has primary responsibility for retaining, developing, and growing client relationships. This is an integral role in the firm and is responsible for delivering comprehensive planning and investment advice as well as exceptional client service that meets client needs. The WA is also expected to grow assets through expanding current client relationships and closing client referrals. In addition, networking and sourcing new business from current client relationships, referrals and new relationships is required. They are considered fully competent in producing and delivering a comprehensive client plan customized to the client’s individual needs and values.
- Deliver comprehensive wealth management advice and planning customized to client’s individual needs
- Become best in class practitioner in wealth advisor field including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Retirement Analysis
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- Education Funding
- Insurance Analysis
- Charitable Giving
- Employee Benefits
- Asset Allocation
- Understand, and be knowledgeable and conversant, on all aspects of RMB investment philosophy and strategy
- Develop, present, and implement client specific plans
- Coordinate with clients and other trusted advisors
- Demonstrate value through a customized approach that provides insight and recommendations that exceed client expectations
- Provide best in class client service through proactive client communications, regularly scheduled meetings, distribution of relevant reporting and analysis, and promptly responding to client requests
- Grow assets while expanding and retaining current client relationships, through referrals, and sourcing new relationships through personal networks
- Supervise and support the prospect presentation process; present prospect presentations
- Coordinate with team members to provide consistent, effective client support and service by following client service minimum standards
- Offer leadership, direction, and support to team members
- Support short-term and long-term RMB business goals
- Demonstrate and enforce compliance through adherence of policies and procedures
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or economics or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated track record of and desire to focus on growth and business development 15+ years’ experience with 10+ of those years as lead advisor of high new worth clients Established professional network in the western suburbs of Chicago
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. Must be professional, impactful, and effective in communicating complex and technical information
- Command of financial planning concepts and analysis and ability to discuss investment philosophies
- Demonstrated competency with systems and processes
- Demonstrated decision-making skills using business logic and good judgment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment to meet deadlines and proactively address opportunities and needs
- Strong analytical skills required
- CFP required
- Other accreditations are desired (i.e. CIMA, CPWA, CFA, MBA)
Benefits - We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage, competitive salaries, profit sharing plans, a wellness program, employee assistance program and pet insurance.
Hybrid Work, Stipend and Dress for Your Day - We have a hybrid work model where employees are encouraged to work at least 3 days in the office. We offer a Home Office Stipend to cover the cost of buying equipment to work from home. Our dress code is dress for your day to allow our employees to dress comfortably and appropriately for their day.
Wellness Program - We are committed to helping our employees live happy and healthy lives. We offer a comprehensive wellness program which focuses on whole body health and wellness. We have companywide wellness challenges where employees can earn gift cards, national park passes, and more by participating.
Appreciation - We recognize and appreciate employees who stay at our firm with anniversary awards including extra time off, cash awards and sabbaticals.
Volunteer Days - We are actively committed to the personal, professional, and financial growth of each other, our firm, our clients, our partners, and our communities. We deeply care about philanthropy which is why we allow our employees to take two additional paid days off from work to volunteer at a non-profit organization.
So—what do you think?
If you have made it this far, we are excited to meet you too. We are hopeful that this role will give you the experience to make a difference in our clients’ lives, passion to serve our communities, and fulfillment to make you never want to leave our team.
RMB Capital is an independent investment advisory firm. To learn more about RMB, visit www.rmbcap.com.
RMB Capital Management, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RMB Capital Management, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/oX2GVNCda1mWeTOr5UZPP2