Ballentine Partners is a leading independent wealth management firm headquartered in the Boston area, with additional offices in Florida and New Hampshire and clients worldwide. Our client families rely on us to be their most trusted advisor. We work hard to help them simplify their complex financial lives and ensure the impact of their wealth is aligned with their goals. We believe a healthy work-life balance is integral to success, and our compensation philosophy and team structure foster a collegial work environment. We are truly a team; we believe in one another and support each other as we work toward a common goal. We are looking for passionate, caring, curious, innovative, and collaborative individuals to join our firm.
Summer Rotational Program
This position provides the intern with experience working in a premier fee-only wealth management firm delivering comprehensive, integrated, and objective advice to clients. Interns will rotate between the three client-facing groups within the organization:
- Financial Planning and Wealth Management: Our wealth planning team identifies opportunities and mitigates risks outside our clients’ investment portfolios. We are known for our sophisticated wealth planning strategies, “soft” skills, family office services, and multi-generational client relationships.
- Investment Analysis and Management: Our investment team develops custom tax-optimized portfolios for each client. We focus on managing risk and identifying investment opportunities we believe will be compelling after taxes and after fees.
- High Net Worth: Our HNW practice is a group within Ballentine Partners, focused primarily on clients with investable assets between $3 and $25 million. We provide objective investment advice and financial planning services to our clients.
Interns will undertake roles that mutually benefit the company and the student’s practical and academic learning.
- Interface with and support the wealth planning and investment teams. Lead research and/or client-driven projects as assigned. Provide analytics and problem-solving capabilities as required.
Benefits of Ballentine Partners’ Summer Rotational Program
Ballentine Partners assigns interns to important and challenging projects and provides a support system to help them be successful. Additionally, we give interns broad exposure to the firm and its employees, allowing them to explore career possibilities and build their professional networks. Interns are matched with mentors to help guide them through the program and projects. Our holistic approach to wealth management allows interns to gain a deep understanding of various roles within the firm while also developing the technical and soft skills required for long-term career success.
The right candidate will be someone who:
- Has the ability to learn new concepts Can work independently and in a team structure Is intellectually curious about our industry Can take initiative to be resourceful Has excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Ballentine Partners Summer Rotational Program will pay an hourly wage of $30.00 an hour, Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. The program will start on June 5th, 2024, and end on August 11th, 2024. Ballentine Partners is extending this opportunity to remote candidates, however hybrid or in-person is strongly encouraged. This internship is open to Juniors, Seniors, and Graduate students.
For more information on our culture please view our Impact Report and our Values page.
Ballentine Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is based upon qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage applications from those who share our commitment to promoting a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive community.