At Schwab, you’re empowered to make an impact on your career. Here, innovative thought meets creative problem solving, helping us “challenge the status quo” and transform the finance industry together.
Schwab Advisor Services™ is the leading provider of custodial, trading, technology and practice management offerings for independent Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) firms. We provide access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help more than 7,500 independent investment advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow and succeed in their business goals and dreams.
Throughout the 8-week paid Advisor Services RIA Intern Program internship, you will uncover how Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firms work and allows you to explore future career opportunities in financial services. As an intern, you’ll interact and support various areas of Schwab Advisor Services, participate in educational learning sessions, and explore the portfolio construction and financial planning process. You will gain experience in an area of financial services that’s about more than just making money—it’s about doing what’s best for clients. If you are passionate about gaining insights on how Schwab supports RIAs, developing your presentation and public-speaking skills within a professional setting, and learning more about how advisors manage their businesses and service their clients, this is the role for you.
What you have
As an intern, it’s not about what you know, it’s about what you are willing to learn. We’re seeking passionate students who are ready to own their Early Talent career and have the courage to ask “why”.
- Completed a minimum of two years of college-level education toward a related BA or BS degree tracking to graduate between December 2024 and May 2026
- Ability to work full time and be on-site at our Westlake, TX Schwab campus during the 8-week program (June 3 to July 26, 2024)
- Finished courses focused on CFP® certification/financial planning, business management, marketing, economics, finance, accounting, communications, or other.
- Desire to work in the RIA industry post-graduation
- Participated in extra-curricular activities geared toward a career in the financial services and/or RIA industry
- Intermediate knowledge of financial products and services
- Proficient in Microsoft® Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with internal business partners
- Strive for or have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in relevant coursework
- Optimism with keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge
- Resourcefulness and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnership and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning demeanor, who constantly look for better ways to do things, have a passion for service, and seek to exceed client expectations
- Excellent organizational skills, enabling one to manage multiple priorities and projects, while meeting deadlines
What’s in it for you
At Schwab, we’re committed to empowering our employees’ personal and professional success. Our purpose-driven, supportive culture, and focus on your development means you’ll get the tools you need to make a positive difference in the finance industry.