Wealth Intern - Summer 2024
An excellent opportunity for a college student or recent graduate eager to gain knowledge and experience in the financial services industry. Summitry is a Bay Area wealth management firm with $2B in assets, 40+ employees, and over 1000 clients, offering personalized financial planning and investment strategies rooted in local insight. Join an innovative and collaborative team focused on being the most admirable advisory firm helping families thrive through the unique set of opportunities and challenges posed by life in the Bay Area.
Reports to: Tiffany Lessler, Director of Talent
Full Time: M-F (30-40 hours/week)
Date: Summer 2024 (8 weeks minimum between May-August)
Work environment: 100% in-office
Summitry's internship spans 8 weeks, dedicated to nurturing the growth of college students/recent graduates by offering them a dynamic, instructive, and immersive opportunity to cultivate their proficiency in financial services, business acumen, and leadership abilities. We are in search of an enthusiastic, inquisitive, diligent, and amicable individual to join our team. The selected candidate will shoulder responsibilities that include supporting diverse teams on various projects, engaging with clients and visitors, and consistently demonstrating an elevated level of professionalism when handling sensitive information in alignment with our core values: care, growth, and determination.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works cross-functionally on a rotational schedule on special projects to solve business problems, gain an understanding of business software tools, and improve our business
- Develops professional skills through networking and interaction with Summitry leaders and industry professionals
- Other projects as assigned by the Manager
- College student (Juniors/rising Seniors preferred) or recent graduate
- Strong desire to gain an understanding and broad scope of the wealth management/RIA business
- RIA/financial services internship/experience is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Solid time-management abilities with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal skills, and phone etiquette
- Ability to work independently but also be a proactive contributing team member
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on projects effectively
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- The expected hourly pay range for this position is $18-25/hour and is contingent upon experience level (not eligible for employee benefits or relocation assistance)
Company Culture and Values
At Summitry, our mission is to help families thrive through the unique set of opportunities and challenges posed by life in the Bay Area (Translation: We help you live your best Bay Area life).
Our core values are the most important aspect of our culture. They reflect the values of our leaders and people, and we are committed to pursuing them daily. Our culture reflects our values in the way we treat each other:
- CARE – we care for each other, our clients, and our community
- GROW – we have an intrinsic desire to grow ourselves and our firm
- DRIVE – we are fiercely driven to achieve our goals and those of our clients
While having an impressive resume is a plus, Summitry strives to find not only top talent but the “right” talent. We’re proud of the culture we’ve built, and we seek individuals who are not only excited about their role and responsibilities but also demonstrate our values and desire to contribute towards the growth of our firm.
Summitry, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer