Why Work at Bremer?
Are we a bank? Absolutely. But when it comes to careers, you'll find that there's a lot more to our business than you might expect. We’re passionate about helping customers throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota succeed and grow. Our commitment to authentic and enduring relationships starts by taking time to listen and learn about our customers’ goals, and innovate to solve their challenges, not only through financial resources but also deep knowledge, insights and ideas.
We expect, encourage and reward entrepreneurial thinking from our employees. We have a shared purpose of cultivating thriving communities, inspired by our founder, Otto Bremer, who spent his lifetime supporting the communities that his banks served in new and unexpected ways. That commitment to community and creative problem-solving contributes to Bremer’s culture.
If you want the next chapter in your story to be one where you make a real difference for our customers, communities and economies, we’re the bank to join. We foster diversity, equity and inclusion, building on the legacy of our immigrant founder. If you’re curious, enjoy collaborating, and start each day with the customer in mind, we invite you to join our team!
Bremer has an exciting opportunity for a Wealth Advisor or Sr. Wealth Advisor to join our team!
Location: Minnesota, North Dakota, or Wisconsin which will be determined based on candidate location and Bremer’s current needs.
As a Wealth Advisor at Bremer, you would be responsible to:
- Administer a portfolio of agency, IRA, trust, and estate accounts.
- Expand service to existing clients and markets new products.
- Manage the set-up, implementation and administration of trusts and estates.
- Coordinate client service activities with other areas of the organization.
- Counsel clients on financial matters such as, but not limited to, asset allocation, wealth management, retirement planning, education funding, estate planning, tax strategies, investment planning, executive planning, and business succession planning.
At the Senior Wealth Advisor level, you would be responsible to:
• Develop new wealth advisory and trust business and administer a small book of top tier wealth advisory and trust accounts.
• Counsel clients and prospects on financial matters such as, but not limited to asset allocation, wealth management, retirement planning, education funding, estate planning, tax strategies, investment planning, executive planning and business succession planning.
• Partner with members of other Bremer business lines to promote and deliver all appropriate Bremer services to prospects and existing clients.
• Mentor and develop other team members.
Wealth Advisor: A combination of education and experience generally attained with a bachelor's degree and minimum of 3 years related experience. Prior sales experience is highly preferred. Advanced degrees or certifications are preferred, specifically: CFP, CTFA, CPA, JD
Senior Wealth Advisor: A combination of education and experience which is generally attained with a bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years related experience. 10 years of experience is preferred. Prior sales experience is required. CFP, CTFA, CPA, or JD designation is preferred.
Bremer Values & Benefits
Collaboration: We work elbow-to-elbow with our customers, making a different for them in good times and bad. We share our skills, knowledge, and experience to support each other every day.
Commitment: We're deeply invested in the places we live and work, and we're always ready to do whatever it takes to help our neighbors and communities thrive and grow.
Creativity: Imagination and innovation are essential to helping our customers and Bremer succeed. If there's a better way to do something, we'll find it or create it.
At Bremer, we are committed to supporting and growing the communities we call home. Our people understand that they represent our name and reputation in every conversation, and that they’re backed by an organization that values finding a better way to get things done. Let’s talk about benefits. Not just the 401(k), pension plan, healthcare, and vacation kind (we’ve got those), but the kind of everyday benefits that get you excited for what each day holds.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Bremer Bank is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We've built an organization of experienced, intelligent, and collaborative people from a range of all backgrounds, and all of them contribute something essential to helping our customers thrive and grow.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For your reference, here are additional details for your awareness:
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (dol.gov)
Family and Medical Leave Act (dol.gov)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act rights (dol.gov)
Miscellaneous Items to Note:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without Bremer sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status, 0-1, TN, EB-2)
- Accessibility Commitment - Bremer is committed to accessibility, diversity and inclusion for all our applicants. We believe everyone should be able to have equal and effective access to our websites and our services. We have worked very hard to ensure that our website and digital content meet the needs of our applicants and visitors. Click here for more information on our accessibility and how to get in touch with us.
- Notice to Third Party Recruiters - Bremer Bank, National Association, including its affiliates, does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed agreement for recruiting or placement services, Bremer will have no obligation and will not agree to pay any referral or recruiting fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a candidate for consideration, Bremer explicitly reserves the right to pursue and/or hire any such candidate(s) without any financial or other obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will be deemed to be the property of Bremer.