A leading, multi-billion-dollar registered investment adviser is seeking an experienced professional to act as a Financial Planner for the firm’s wealth management clients. Pinnacle has been providing investment advisory services to affluent individuals, families and businesses for nearly 40 years. The firm is located in the New York Metro region with (NYC and NJ locations).
• Provide financial planning services to the firm’s high-net-worth clients to help enhance the client experience, and increase organic growth and the firm’s overall profitability
• Serve as a financial planning subject matter expert for the firm’s portfolio management teams in trust and estates
• Meet with prospective and existing clients, analyze financial information, develop financial plans and monitor client outcomes
• Develop and promote a framework to drive accountability across the organization; provide timely and meaningful analyses and reporting on the success of the financial planning activities to the firm’s Director of Financial Planning
• Work with the firm’s Director of Financial Planning and Planning Committee on the strategic vision of the organization, including furthering and improving the company’s wealth management service offering.
• Work with the firm’s Planning Committee to develop and adopt best planning practices and to produce planning publications, podcasts and/or other output.
• Ensure that effective internal controls are in place to increase efficiencies
Attributes & Qualifications:
• Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation in good standing required
• Experience as a Financial Planner or equivalent position in the financial industry, preferably with a registered investment adviser
• Strong grasp on investment and security planning, estate planning, college planning, retirement planning, tax planning, cash flow management, employee benefits planning and/or insurance planning
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to converse effectively with clients, colleagues and business partners
• Command of legal and financial documents and laws related to financial planning services
• Strong technical skills and experience with CRM systems (preferably Microsoft Dynamics), client portals (preferably Black Diamond), and financial planning software (eMoney and/or MoneyGuidePro)
• Preferably, but not required, the candidate will have at least a small book of business of their own
• Ability to think outside of the box and solve unexpected problems
• Desire to learn, curiosity to understand new planning concepts and willingness to participate in team discussions to improve our practice
• Ability to work effectively with multiple portfolio management teams within the firm