Financial Life Advisors (FLA) provides our clients with exceptional experiences where they receive customized ongoing guidance and the resources needed to financially succeed in life. We are a well-established and fast-growing, fee-only financial planning firm located in central San Antonio.
We are looking for a friendly and talented (full-time) CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ to join our team of talented CFP®’s and serve the amazing clients of our growing practice. You can learn more about what we do, our fun team, and how we live by “Cowboy Ethics” here. If you are a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™ with a passion for service and life-long learning, please keep reading to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
The mission of the FLA CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™ (CFP®) is to provide fiduciary expertise and excellence to help our clients live their best lives. This person prides themselves on the value they provide as they develop ongoing relationships with their clients.
FLA will be supporting this role with a starting book of clients and base salary. The CFP® will benefit from access to our referral base to continue to grow their book and take advantage of the FLA Financial Planner compensation model that allows for unlimited earning potential. Bringing clients is not a requirement. In addition, FLA has a strong network of relationships in the San Antonio community to support our client needs including CPA partners, estate planners, insurance brokers, etc. FLA does not sell insurance or any commission products.
The CFP® is a full-time position. This person is eligible for excellent benefits including the Company 401(k) Plan with matching contributions and flexible PTO plan. This position requires candidates to reside within driving distance to San Antonio, TX for in-office work, remote flexibility is available. Office hours are typically 8:30 – 5:30 CT, Monday-Friday.
The key responsibility of the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™ is to provide superior comprehensive financial planning with the highest level of enthusiasm, accuracy, confidentiality, and efficiency to support the initiatives of our clients and firm in delivering exceptional experiences.
The CFP® will deliver exceptional service and become a trusted partner to the team and clients by:
- Providing initial and ongoing comprehensive financial planning and investment advisory services that collectively evaluate and plan for retirement, estate planning, risk management, insurance needs, tax planning strategies, and cash flow
- Providing exceptional experiences and developing relationships that drive unsolicited referrals
- Coordinating investment objective and tax parameters to the FLA Portfolio Manager
- Coordinating activities and ensuring timely information delivery to our CPA Partners
- Developing, compiling, and ensuring accurate completion of client paperwork, acquiring necessary signatures, and tracking through submission process to the custodian to ensure timely and accurate completion
- Managing inbound and outbound direct and mass client communication (In office and remotely through Zoom or email)
- Entering and organizing tasks and coordinating with Team Members to prioritize workflows in the company CRM (Advisor Engine)
- Organizing and maintaining filing systems for key documents in company files and client portal
- Managing client meetings including setting up in-office, zoom calls or phone calls, preparing client experience and deliverables, printing financial reports, summarizing meeting notes and follow up items
- Attend networking and professional development opportunities
- Ensuring a safe and clean environment for clients and team members
- Collecting and entering data into financial planning software
- Performing other duties and special projects independently or in conjunction with FLA Team members
- Complying with rules and regulations of the SEC and firm
- A strong belief in and passion for comprehensive financial planning
- Strong interpersonal skills and written, verbal and presentation skills to develop relationships and communicate effectively
- Able to coordinate multiple projects at one time and prioritize tasks for each to ensure done with precision in a timely manner
- Demonstrates a powerful sense of urgency about getting work done and problem solving with a proactive, goal-oriented client-centered approach
- Creates trusting relationships through quality and effective communication in written, oral, and presentation form. This includes double checking work to ensure accuracy in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Must also be able to track communication and be responsive to phone calls, in person meetings, virtual video calls, Teams chat messages, and emails.
- Provides a superior level of discretion and ethical standards and applies integrity through maintaining objectivity. The Certified Financial Planner™ will work with confidential information, where discretion and sensitivity are a must.
- Demonstrates an affinity for numbers and ensuring accuracy of reporting
- Be technologically savvy and familiar with these platforms provided by FLA or similar:
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Advisor Engine, (Junxure)
- Money Guide Pro
- Adobe Acrobat
- SS Analyzer
- BNA Income Tax Planner
- Education: CFP® Certification, CPA a plus
- Physical: Ability to bend, reach, and lift boxes and office supplies up to 30 lbs