AssetMark is seeking a Senior Manager, PMO Reporting & Analytics to join its Program Management Office team. The Senior Manager will be responsible for establishing and tracking project portfolio management key performance indicators (KPI's) to measure and evaluate PMO performance and business outcomes and ultimately ensure AssetMark is receiving the maximum value for its project investments as part of the PMO's portfolio management and governance framework.The Job/What You'll Do:
The Senior Manager will also define, produce, and continually improve a variety of accurate, timely, and focused reporting and analyses to inform key business decisions in partnership with leadership, sponsors, and stakeholders across products, programs, and projects. He/she will also play a key role in configuring, implementing, and operating the PMO's new Project Portfolio Management system, Planview, and in internal initiatives to improve its project/product delivery framework and capital budgeting, forecasting, and reporting processes. Additionally, he/she will also serve as the primary liaison with our Finance partners related to capital budgeting, forecasting, accounting, and reporting activities, as well as serve as the PMO point of contact for internal and external audits.
This is a highly visible role requiring a collaborative team player with an ability to lead through influence and foster positive working relationships with a variety of cross-functional partners and stakeholders at all levels. We can consider candidates for this position who are able to accommodate a hybrid work schedule and are close to our Concord, CA office.Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Identifying opportunities to leverage, configure and implement new capabilities, modules, integrations, and reporting from Planview, our Project Portfolio Management (PPM) system. Leading or supporting efforts to integrate Planview with other systems such as Workday, Adaptive Insights, NetSuite, and Jira.
- Configuring, testing, documenting, rolling out, and training users in new Planview functionality, views, and reports.
- Creating new and enhance existing executive presentations, reporting, and analyses leveraging Planview to provide greater transparency and value-adding insights about project portfolio health, dependencies, resources, risks, and issues, KPI's and metrics, and budget.
- Collaborating with product, program, and project teams to define, collect, and consolidate a consistent set of KPI's and metrics at the portfolio level.
- Serving as the liaison for the PMO with Finance to provide information and answer questions related to capital project budgeting, reporting, and accounting and responding to internal and external audit requests
- Developing and publishing effective financial models and reporting on the capital budget, actuals and forecasts, and variances, as well as resource plans and forecasts. Conducting a wide variety of ad hoc analyses using advanced Excel and other software application skills to support decision-making.
- Partnering with PMO, Finance and IT leaders and staff to develop, implement, and operationalize more effective resource and capacity planning, forecasting, and time tracking processes and systems.
- Supporting the end-to-end project portfolio and delivery framework and process, from intake through R&D through planning and execution.
- Managing and monitoring adherence to the PMO governance framework across the project portfolio and training new team members on the framework and supporting processes and tools
- Assessing current PMO processes and recommending portfolio, project, and process framework improvements to drive more value, effectiveness, and efficiency across the PMO and project management functions.
- Tracking overall progress of projects across the portfolio and supporting development of the right strategic framework, reports, and tools required to inform trade-off and prioritization decisions and highlight risks and issues and impacting the project portfolio.
- Creating, enhancing, developing, and distributing effective reporting and presentation materials for AssetMark's project portfolio for use with executives, leaders, and team members across the organization
Education & Experience:
- Demonstrated portfolio, program and project management skills including the ability to plan, manage, and deliver a variety of internal initiatives involving capital budgeting, forecasting, and reporting, new process definition and implementation, process improvement, and/or PMO/business operations.
- Prior experience with Project Portfolio Management (PPM) systems, with a strong preference for Planview experience, including configuring, testing, rolling out, and training users in new views, reports, and functionality. Proficiency with Agile tools including Jira and Confluence and enterprise financial systems such as Workday Adaptive Insights and NetSuite is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, budgeting and forecasting, and problem-solving skills. Knowledge of and prior experience identifying, tracking, and reporting a variety of project/product portfolio metrics, KPI's, and OKR's in Waterfall, hybrid, and Agile/Product-based environments is critical.
- Process mapping, analysis, design, and documentation skills and the ability to implement new or improved processes and tools supported by effective change management practices and communications highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels and functions within the organization, including executive-level presentations.
- Strong team building, facilitation, collaboration, conflict resolution, and influence skills.
- Self-directed, results-driven, and resourceful with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities independently and effectively across multiple initiatives with the highest attention to detail.
- Comfort with ambiguity, openness to change, a high degree of flexibility, committed to learning, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including advanced Excel skills, as well as PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, and Visio. Proficiency with Microsoft Teams, Project, and OneNote preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, computer science, information systems, or a technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years' experience in directly relevant roles including financial/budget analysis and reporting, project portfolio management and governance, project/program management, PMO and Finance operations, and/or process analysis and improvement.
- Prior experience in in the Financial Services industry highly preferred. Knowledge of Investment and Wealth Management is an added plus.
- Working knowledge of Agile frameworks and practices based on practical experience working in environments involving Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) preferred.
- Relevant professional certifications are preferred, including Project Management Professional (PMP), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), and/or PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) are a plus.
Compensation: The Base Salary range for this position is between $150,000-$165,000.
This information reflects a base salary range that AssetMark reasonably expects to pay for the position based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, education, experience, and actual work location. This position will also be eligible for additional variable incentive compensation and competitive benefits.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US to be considered. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
#LI-TN1Who We Are & What We Offer:
AssetMark's mission is centered around helping financial advisors make a difference in the lives of their clients. To help them do that, we aim to provide advisors with holistic support. We offer compelling technology that facilitates a better client experience, consulting services that ensure advisors' businesses are running at their best and a comprehensive suite of investment solutions. AssetMark's platform empowers advisors to provide the highest level of service possible to their clients.
AssetMark's culture is driven by our mission and connected by our values; Heart, Integrity, Excellence and Respect. You will join a team that lives these values every day by doing the best and what is right in all we do and encouraging different ideas for continual success and innovation. Additionally, we offer a wide range of benefits to meet the needs of our team members and their families.
- Flex Time Off or Paid Time/Sick Time Off
- 401K - 6% Employer Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision - HDHP or PPO
- HSA - Employer contribution (HDHP only)
- Volunteer Time Off
- Career Development / Recognition
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Hybrid Work Schedule
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, AssetMark is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.