Position Title: Assistant Professor of Finance, Tenure Track Position, Starting September 1, 2024
State: New Jersey
Categories: School of Business
Employment Type: Faculty Full-time
Post Date: 2023-10-26
Campus Location: Multiple Locations
Department: School of Business
Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience and is accompanied by an extremely competitive University benefits package
Work Hours: Varies
Brief Job Overview/Summary
The AACSB accredited School of Business at Stockton University invites applications for a full-time tenure track Assistant Professor of Finance starting September 1, 2024.
Descriptions of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
• This position involves teaching both in-person and online Finance and/or Financial Planning courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels, which may include courses such as Principles of Financial Planning, Estate Planning, Retirement Planning, Financial Plan Development, and Introduction to Financial Management.
• All Stockton faculty members are required to teach courses in the University's interdisciplinary general studies program as well.
• This position will most likely involve teaching at Stockton's instructional sites in Galloway, NJ and Atlantic City, NJ (which are approximately 12 miles apart).
• Along with building a track record of excellence in teaching, School of Business faculty members are expected to produce high-quality publications in scholarly journals and present peer-reviewed work at appropriate academic conferences.
• Provide service to the University and community, as well as maintaining liaisons with appropriate professional groups and industry partners.
• Support Stockton University's diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
• An earned Ph.D. in Finance or a related discipline or a J.D. and a CFP Designation. Advanced ABD candidates will be considered, but hired as an Instructor until the degree is completed.
• Evidence of potential for teaching, research, and service in Finance or a related field.
• Related industry work experience.
• Exposure to or experience within the Liberal Arts.
• Experience with assessment and/or AACSB accreditation.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply:
To apply please visit https://employment.stockton.edu or click the "Apply" button. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the online application and include three professional references in addition to the following required documents. All required documents (Microsoft Word of PDF) must be submitted in order for your application to move forward.
- A letter of interest describing qualifications and accomplishments
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Unofficial Graduate transcripts
- Teaching philosophy statement (1 page)
- Documents showing evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Scholarship plans and research capabilities (1 page)