Capstone Financial Advisors has an immediate opening for a Manager of Compliance with 5+ years of relevant experience.
We are a fee-only, independent Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), providing high-net-worth clients wealth management services tailored to their unique circumstances. We are also 100% employee owned.
When you’re at Capstone, you’ll experience professional and personal growth supported by a structured career path.
The Manager of Compliance reports to the Chief Compliance Officer and is responsible for ensuring that the firm remains compliant with business practices designed to protect the firm’s clients and meet its regulatory obligations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Stay up to date on new and proposed compliance regulations and evaluate potential impacts on the firm.
- Assist in managing various compliance audits and regulatory filings with the SEC and in each state the firm operates.
- Act as resource to firm’s internal team on compliance matters.
- Maintain and update the firm’s compliance policies and procedures to meet SEC regulatory requirements and best industry standards.
- Conduct routine reviews and testing of various firm activities, such as billing and trade reconciliation processes, to ensure they are consistent with the firm’s documented policies and procedures.
- Support the annual review process with outside compliance consultants, regulatory audits with the SEC, and custodial audits with outside accounting firms.
- Manage compliance vendors, consultant relationships, and related contracts.
- Perform testing and reviews of compliance policies and procedures, analyze the data to help identify risks, and work with the compliance team to develop corrective actions.
- Oversee firm compliance training and affirmation processes.
- Act as firm compliance content reviewer and approver for code of ethics, client communications, advisor presentations, thought leadership pieces, and social media content.
- Maintain compliance calendar, track recurring tasks, track progress completion, and logs.
- Assist with cybersecurity program by maintaining and auditing policies and procedures, coordinating activities with outside IT managed services provider.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of compliance experience in investment management or wealth management within the RIA industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to be proactive and follow up to resolve issues.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and apply logical and critical thought processes when developing and recommending solutions.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of staff.
- Self-starter, organized, and able to set priorities.
- High integrity, positive attitude, and team player
- Competitive salary
- Bonus program
- Paid Time Off (national holidays, personal time, birthdays, community service activities)
- Hybrid work schedule with minimum 3 days each week in office
- Health & insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability)
- Parental leave
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
- Flexible spending account
- On-site, health club membership
- Reimbursement for relevant professional certifications and membership fees
Recent Capstone Accolades
- 2022/2023 Best Places to Work in Illinois
- 2023 Financial Advisor Magazine RIA Ranking
- InvestmentNews 2021 Best Places to Work for Financial Advisors
- 2020 Financial Times 300 Top RIAs
Capstone Financial Advisors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.