The Chief Investment Office (CIO) is the centralized resource to access the latest insights and solutions across the enterprise. The CIO helps Advisors establish a disciplined investment process and offer goals-based strategies that are grounded in the best thinking of the Firm. The Chief Investment Office p rovides thought leadership on wealth management, investment strategy and global markets and delivering strategic and tactical investment advice and in-depth guidance on portfolio strategies. The team delivers portfolio management solutions by developing and maintaining robust frameworks, services and tools to deliver goals-based wealth management (e.g., asset allocation and portfolio construction; all asset classes), and managing discretionary single asset and multi asset portfolios.
The Investment Due Diligence Analyst will be working on a team that analyzes investments for the Office of the CIO on the ETF team. The team covers US-listed and Offshore ETFs, US Index Funds, and works with other teams in the Office of the CIO on other asset classes and investment products.Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and managing the team's coverage universe. This includes insuring that our coverage and supporting documentation is accurately reflected in our research management system database.
- Meeting with investment managers to assess investment strategies, establish relationships, keep pace with industry trends, and establish/maintain coverage of their products.
- Be a subject-matter expert on ETFs and Index Funds both within the Office of the CIO and in the broader industry.
- Communicating effectively. The investment opinions that we formulate must be presented to internal stake holders and, ultimately, to the financial advisors and private bank relationship managers who serve our company's clients.
- Presenting our thought leadership to wider audiences both externally and internally (e.g. internal calls, industry events).
- Partnering with internal stakeholders on initiatives.
- The expectation is that a successful analyst would transition to their own coverage over time.
- BS or BA degree required, preferably in related field.
- 5 years + industry experience.
- Excellent analytical ability and comfort with quantitative tools.
- Familiarity with the ETF and index fund marketplace.
- Broad financial market experience across multiple asset classes (e.g. equity, fixed-income, commodity, etc.) strategies.
- Communication skills: outstanding written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Bloomberg with Excel integration.
- Comfort with a team that is distributed in different locations.
- Broad interest in financial markets.
- CFA designation or progress towards it is a plus.
1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per Week: