Under limited supervision, reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, this new position will play an integral role in supporting a new developing organizational initiative to grow the number of CFP® professionals by targeting career changers, undergraduates and college-bound students to choose financial planning as an attractive career and/or college degree program. This position will work closely with partner agencies and cross-department colleagues in developing and executing strategies and setting measurable KPIs. This role is also responsible for managing and executing marketing for already established non-certification programs such as conference attendance, Career Center and Career Fair promotion, product sales, Emeritus® Membership, and others as assigned.
- Manages all marketing programs for assigned roles including email campaigns, direct mail, print and online advertising, telemarketing, SEM, event marketing, and marketing content and collateral.
- Manages certification growth marketing support campaigns as assigned.
- Manages non-certification related programs as assigned including product and book sales, meeting and event marketing, career center and career fair participation, supports college level engagement, and increasing use of digital certificates.
- Develops and manages execution of marketing programs and campaigns to engage key segments – including women and racially diverse professionals.
- Monitors trends and key metrics and provides proactive insight with the Sr. Marketing Specialist and analytics teams to identify areas for operational and marketing improvement.
- Collaborates on the development of business intelligence reports with Director of Marketing and IT team as required and assigned
- Works closely with IT and third-party vendors related to assigned programs to optimize marketing campaign execution process and overall system processes
- Updates, monitors, and shares monthly marketing program results and status to goals
- Work with Communications on earned media and social media relating to increasing access to competent and ethical financial planners.
- Serves as liaison with Stakeholder Services to inform the department of ongoing marketing communications
- Manages annual marketing budgets for assigned programs.
- Manages marketing research programs that advance organizational mission and/or improve assigned program performance
- Ensures marketing campaigns and materials have appropriate quality, creative approval and meet all organizational and branding standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, business other equivalent relevant discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing and/or advertising including association and/or agency experience
- Preferred experience in college or university marketing
- Experience in direct response marketing, online/digital advertising, and current marketing trends that effect purchase attitudes, needs, behaviors and brand relationships
- Experience executing programs across all media (email, online/digital, search, social media, direct mail, telemarketing, print and collateral)
- Ability to oversee, interpret and utilize effective market research
- Analytical experience with BI tools, Tableau preferred
- Experience managing vendor relationships including contract negotiations
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment as both a team leader and team member
- Experience in working with IT departments to implement, track, and improve marketing programs
- Excellent presentation as well as written and verbal communication skills; marketing copy writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
This position is based in the Washington D.C. office and works a hybrid schedule which could be changed at any time.
To apply, submit your resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications, and salary expectations.
The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (“CFP Board”) - headquartered in Washington, D.C.-is the certifying body for financial planning professionals. It is a non-profit organization that fosters professional standards in personal financial planning through its setting and enforcement of the education, examination, experience, ethics, and other requirements for the CFP certification.