Merrill Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Private Wealth Management (MPWM) is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Private Wealth Advisors (PWA's) help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with a PWA committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted Private Wealth Advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Private Wealth Management coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
At Merrill, we empower you to bring your whole self to work. We value diversity in our thoughts, business, and within our employees and clients. Our Private Wealth Management team represents an array of different backgrounds and bring their unique perspectives, ideas, and experiences, helping to create a work community that is culture driven, resilient, results focused and effective. Position Overview:
The Private Wealth Supervision Manager (PWSM) position reports to the Merrill Private Wealth Business Segment Supervision Executive (BSSE), with dual reporting to the Merrill Private Wealth Management Regional Managing Director (RMD).
The PWSM's functions as a member of the market leadership team, responsible for a wide variety of delegated compliance, administrative and business functions related to the MPWM RMD's overall managerial responsibilities for parent and associate offices. He or she functions independently, or with minimal guidance, but must keep the PWM RMD informed on significant matters and must determine when the PWM RMD should be directly involved. The PWSM supports the company's business objectives and contributes to market profitability by influencing Private Wealth Advisor business practices in ways that minimize regulatory, financial, and reputational risks. Required Skills:
" have these skills to be minimally qualified
- The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, client centric individual who has:
- Series 7, 66, 9, 10 (or equivalent) Licenses required
- Series 3, 31 licenses, if warranted
- Proven ability to manage risk, make sound decisions by having a deep understanding of industry regulations, supervisory requirements, policies/procedures, wealth management concepts, and financial services products
- Ability to speak in terms of client needs and concerns, and coach Private Wealth Advisors on aligning solutions to goals in a suitable and controlled way
- A deep appreciation and understanding of our client centric strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills to provide coaching to Private Wealth Advisors to mitigate risk through segmentation, disciplined investment practices, and documentation
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify trends, root cause and effects, and implement improved processes to mitigate risk
- Demonstrated strong and effective leadership style through clear communication and collaboration with others, making sound decisions with courage and conviction
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize appropriately
- If currently an internal associate, completion of Associate Office Management Team Development program and/or currently a Merrill Lynch Market Supervision Manager strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Please be advised that under current company policy, Merrill Wealth Management does not sponsor a visa petition or other work authorization for this position. Job Band:
1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per Week: