Job Description: Alternative Investments Regional Specialist
Bank of America Merrill Lynch Alternative Investments is seeking an experienced sales professional to join the Alternative Investments Distribution organization. The position will primarily be focused on the sales, marketing and education of hedge funds, private equity offerings and real asset solutions available on the Alternative Investments platform to Financial Advisors in the Midwest region. The position will also be responsible for servicing existing client assets and assisting with the prospecting of high-net-worth and institutional investors. Responsibilities include:
- Developing a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of the Bank of America / Merrill Lynch portfolio construction process with respect to alternative investments, including hedge funds, private equity, and real assets.
- Creating and executing a business strategy that allows the candidate to work independently in the territory alongside local Wealth Management market leadership. The business strategy will also include working closely with other members of the Alternative Investments Sales Team, home office leadership, and select third-party product partners to cultivate and grow future AI business prospects.
- Providing proactive and solutions-oriented feedback based on interactions with internal operations, marketing, product origination, risk, legal and compliance partners to enhance the overall client and Advisor experience.
- Staying current on trends impacting both the broader financial markets and alternative investment strategies to educate our clients and Advisors on underlying manager performance and the importance of diversification.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Marketing or Business Administration (CFA, CAIA or MBA a plus)
- Candidate must have 10+ years of financial services product and/or sales experience.
- Travel throughout coverage area (3-4 days a week)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of alternative investment products
- Self-motivated individual with a passion for alternative investments
- Series 7, 63, 65 (or 7 and 66) strongly preferred, or ability to receive all required licenses within 120 days from date of hire.
1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per Week: