A boutique registered investment advisory firm is looking for a detail-oriented wealth management associate/paraplanner. This is a growth-oriented role that involves actively communicating with clients and participating in client meetings assisting the lead advisor in servicing our clients’ financial plans. Additionally, you’ll be working as part of the implementation team maintaining investment strategies and managing cash flow for clients.
- Work on behalf of our clients to ensure the proper handling of their investment accounts. This entails effecting accurate trades based on the client’s plan. The successful candidate will need to be extremely comfortable with detail and be able to demonstrate accuracy.
- Keep up to date with all forms and practices outlined by our various business partners and help implement those procedures firm wide. You will need to be familiar with all the forms required in this business.
- Speak and interact with clients and help answer any account related questions
- Participate in client meetings with our advisors and assisting in the service of their financial plan
- Assist in trading multiple types of securities in client accounts
- Help manage our investment database and maintain the tracking mechanism for our internal pool of recommended investments
- Work with advisors to suggest/create custom insurance solutions for our diverse roster of clients
- Work on creating client-facing investment reports
- Help work with the representatives in our insurance division to get quotes and illustrations for clients in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance/economics preferred
- 2-3 years of prior experience with a registered investment advisor and/or a financial advisory firm is a definite plus. Additional client-facing experience is preferred
- Must be familiar with various investments including but limited to mutual funds, stocks, bonds, ETF’s, structured notes and alternatives
- Must have great communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with co-workers, our clients and our custodians
- Experience with trading in client accounts is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) is a must
- Familiarity with Morningstar® Direct is a plus
- Familiarity with the Schwab Institutional and/or Fidelity platforms is a definite plus
- Team player who works well with others is a must
- Basic knowledge of taxation concepts
In addition to the above, a successful candidate must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and analytical skills as well as being able to function well in a dynamic team environment.
This is an excellent growth opportunity with competitive base salary, full benefits and bonus opportunity