There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
As a T. Rowe Price Financial Advisor, you will develop relationships with our high-net-worth clients and prospective clients, providing detailed guidance and advice to help them achieve their financial goals. You will perform a thorough analysis of the client’s financial situation using a consultative approach specifically aimed at discovering the drivers behind the client’s decision-making process. This prepares you to recommend a strategy for investment allocation aligned to the client and their goals, including retirement savings and income needs. As the clients’ primary point of contact, you play an integral role in attracting and retaining high-value clients to T. Rowe Price through the on-going management of their relationships with us.
- Assess client needs, identify/recommend solutions, and build/manage client relationships
- Demonstrate holistic knowledge of goal-based financial planning by presenting solutions for all types of savings goals, including education planning, retirement planning, and other intermediate to long term savings goal planning
- Present financial plans to pre-retirees and retirees with a focus on key recommendations
- Interact professionally with clients by phone and/or video to update the client’s profile and financial situation/needs
- Complete appointment dictations (using Salesforce CRM) to document conversations, follow up appropriately with clients in the process of enrolling accounts, and effectively follow up on opportunities
- Diligently manage time and pipeline priorities based on customer’s needs and likelihood of expanding relationship with T. Rowe Price
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and fluency in new capabilities related to investment advice, financial planning, and financial education
- Take responsibility for client satisfaction regarding a wide variety of solutions managed by advisory services for assigned clients
- Understand the basics of how to determine a client's appetite for risk and how that aligns with different advice solutions
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience AND
- 2+ years of total relevant work experience
- Previous success in building relationships, uncovering needs, and recommending solutions
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC®) (must be obtained within 180 days of hire)
- CFP® designation - Assistance provided to obtain professional designation
- 2-5+ years’ experience in financial services offering investment management
- Exceptional listening and presentation skills
This role requires the FINRA Series 7 and 66, or 63/65, licenses.
Expected starting salary for this role is $78,000.
The salary range for this role is, based on experience, is $63,500- 109,000.
*Placement within the range provided above is based on the individual’s relevant experience and skills for the role. Base salary is only one component of our total compensation package. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, which is determined upon company and individual performance. Salary range disclosure as required by sb19-085 when hiring in Colorado, S9427A when hiring in New York, and SB 1162 when hiring in California.
This role is eligible for remote work up to two days a week after the successful completion of a training program.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Benefits: We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.