Our firm is an independent Registered Investment Advisor dedicated to providing clients with sustainable investment management, personalized financial planning, and innovative strategies that deliver social and environmental impact. We deliberately work with our clients to identify specific social and environmental goals and then design an aligned investment portfolio around sustainable and transformational investments. We are fee-only, employee-owned, woman-led, and a certified B Corp. Our focus is on changing the world by shifting the balance of wealth and power, and we have a clear set of values to support that work. Our team, our strategies and our clients are all aligned in our intention and share this passion. We are a small team, so each role is uniquely important at our firm, and we never hesitate to support each other.
In your primary role as Associate Advisor, you’ll use your comprehensive understanding of financial planning and the markets to advise clients while also helping to define and evolve our planning approach. We launched as an investment firm so there is an opportunity to expand our planning foundation. To succeed in this position, you will thrive on building deep and trusting relationships with clients, take pride in producing excellent above-and-beyond work, find fun and joy in collaborating with a diverse group of teammates, and be inspired by the opportunity to work towards environmental sustainability and economic justice. The role offers an opportunity to join our young and fast-growing firm and includes significant opportunities for thought leadership, potential firm ownership down the road, and being part of a team that’s creating real impact around climate change and social justice.
You are curious about global events and trends, passionate about uncovering promising and impactful themes, and driven to use your expertise to make a difference in the world, particularly around mitigating the impacts of climate change. Your responsive, friendly, and professional demeanor combined with your commitment to delivering quality work makes you unique. Juggling multiple projects while simultaneously paying attention to details is one of your superpowers. You take ownership of your work – and even your mistakes. You’re willing to go above and beyond when it’s needed. And you are passionate about working for environmental sustainability and social justice.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Own the full cycle of client relationships from initial strategy discussion to ongoing review meetings of financial planning and investments
- Assess each client’s financial circumstances, values, and investment objectives; develop personalized Investment Policy Statements
- Build and deliver comprehensive planning, analysis, and recommendations that align with each client’s goals; address issues including cash flow, retirement, estate planning, tax, insurance, philanthropy, and strategies for social and environmental impact
- Embrace our sustainability-focused investment strategy, which integrates environmental and social impacts across asset classes and is built around a proprietary active equity strategy
- Monitor client portfolios to ensure they adhere to the outlined plan
- Help expand our universe of impact investments and in developing new strategies for matching client’s impact goals with specific investment vehicles appropriate for clients’ asset level, time horizon, liquidity needs, and risk tolerance
- Manage ongoing client communications and education, answer client questions, and provide regular portfolio reporting on investment performance and social impact
- Assist with marketing; help craft firmwide content and communications; participate in speaking engagements, presentations, and client events
- Continue to develop personal and professional skills, knowledge, and understanding of investment philosophies, impact strategies, and planning practices
- Uphold all compliance and risk procedures, follow corporate and industry protocols, and protect the interest of the client and the firm at all times
WHAT IT TAKES
- 3+ years’ experience in financial advising and planning, wealth management, and/or investment management; experience with sustainable, responsible, and impact investing strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree in finance a plus
- CFP strongly preferred; may consider individuals that are somewhere on their CFP journey
- Series 65 (may be obtained within 6 months as a condition of employment)
- Experience developing, positioning, and presenting comprehensive financial plans and investment strategies to clients and business partners
- Proficiency with financial planning and investment industry software, especially portfolio reporting and rebalancing (we use Black Diamond), and MoneyGuide or eMoney planning programs; strong ability to learn and apply new software systems quickly
- Familiarity with additional financial industry software and systems, including custodial platforms (Schwab), project management software (Asana), and CRM software (Redtail)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A commitment to excellence; detail-oriented and client-focused
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fun, hardworking, and progressive firm
- Passion for creating impact around environmental sustainability, social justice, multiculturalism and/or community economic development
- Tech-savvy and highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite; strong ability to learn and apply new software systems quickly
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a base salary plus bonus, 401k with company match, health insurance including dental and vision coverage, paid and volunteer time off, and opportunities for training and career growth.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Our firm provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Moreover, we believe that diversity of perspectives, experiences, and talents strengthens our organization and contributes to a thriving and innovative work environment. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds and identities to apply and welcome applications from women, people of color, and other groups traditionally underrepresented in finance.