Schwab Wealth Advisory is Schwab’s premier, fee-based, and non-discretionary wealth management offering, passionate about delivering exceptional service to help clients achieve their financial goals. We believe that wealth management should be designed to reflect clients’ unique circumstances and needs. As an Associate Wealth Advisor, you will be responsible for supporting a team of Wealth Advisors by servicing, deepening, and retaining their virtual client relationships.
We value integrity, open communication, strong market knowledge, and a passion for client service. If you want to work with a firm that is dynamic, client focused, invests in your growth, and values your contributions, consider a career as an Associate Wealth Advisor.
What you are good at:
As an Associate Wealth Advisor, you will play an integral role to the success of Schwab Wealth Advisory by supporting our Wealth Advisors and their clients. You will leverage your client service and wealth management expertise by providing customized financial planning, foundational portfolio needs, and complex client service issues. It’s critical to have knowledge in the financial markets and be able to place complex trades.
This opportunity will allow you to gain experience in portfolio management and advice that sets you on the path to become a Wealth Advisor. Your manager will be focused on your professional development through coaching and ongoing training to prepare you for the next opportunity in Schwab Wealth Advisory.
Other areas where you will maintain and grow your competencies:
- Customer Orientation
- Demonstrating customer orientation skills to build and foster strong client relationships by providing foundational investment advice and guidance; Onboarding new client enrollments; Assisting clients in navigating and understanding Schwab’s tools and resources
- Diagnostic Information Gathering
- Assist Wealth Advisors with ongoing portfolio maintenance, construction, or adjustment to allow for large deposits or liquidations; Initiate an update to client’s financial plan based on changing client needs
- Oral Communication
- Demonstrating strong and concise verbal communication with clients, team members and business partners; helping to execute on the client segmentation communication strategy; demonstrating strong trading accuracy with minimal errors
- Performing proactive client touchpoints to foster relationships and add value; Proactively utilizing available technology, tools, and partners
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Ability to connect with others in a way that creates trust and collaborative relationships across departments; Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team, while handling multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
What you have:
Essential skills include:
- Active and valid FINRA Series 7 required
- Active and valid FINRA Series 66 required (may be obtained with a 120-day COE)
- 1-3 years of experience in the financial services industry