Adhesion is a $9bil Unified Managed Account Platform designed for Registered Investment Advisors who are looking to bring their clients - and their businesses - to the next level. We passionately believe in the RIA community, the fiduciary model and doing whatever it takes to raise the bar in the delivery of conflict-free, fee-based investment advice to consumers. We have dedicated ourselves exclusively to this cause for almost 2 decades.The Job/What You'll Do:
The Associate Overlay Portfolio Manager will assist with monitoring client accounts to ensure they are continually aligned with their investment mandate and done so in a manner consistent with our service levels. These functions will include ad-hoc tax-harvesting, raising and investing cash, drift, and allocation alignment. The Associate Overlay Portfolio Manager will also assist with trading and executing manager model changes when needed and special projects.This will be a fulltime FULLY IN OFFICE position in our Charlotte, NC office.Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Rebalancing accounts to model portfolios; analyzing results and ensuring compliance to stated mandates.
- Create, distribute, and execute the daily trading file.
- Processing of new accounts as well as changes to established portfolios and model strategies.
- Monitor and rectifying portfolio alerts and out of balance conditions.
- Participate as back up for block trading (equities, ETFs) using custodian and step-out brokerage relationship.
- Execute all Mutual Fund trades directly to each custodian.
- Timely processing of scheduled account maintenance.
- Work with custodians and other partners to optimize the trading process while reducing risk and potential for error.
- Work on special projects as assigned by Director of the group.
- Liaison between Overlay Portfolio Management and other departments within the Firm (client support, account managers, portfolio operations, etc.)
- Manage and review client case requests to completion within an SLA or timely manner.
Education & Experience:
- Direct experience with portfolio re-balancing practices. Familiarity with overlay / UMA tools and or practices a definite plus.
- Strong organizational skills
- A person with a strong sense of personal accountability, an entrepreneurial spirit with a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality. Good communication skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, market-oriented environment, capable of working under pressing deadlines.
- Proficiency in the investment advisory business including a thorough understanding of investment product types (e.g., managed accounts, ETFs, alternative investments.) and investment advisor operations (i.e. portfolio accounting, portfolio management trading, client/ performance reporting).
- 2-5 Years of client portfolio management, wealth management, investment advisory or sponsor environment. Individual security selection and manager research is not a desired skill for this position.
- Four-year undergraduate degree
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US to be considered. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Due to the sensitive nature of the information that this role needs to access, AssetMark will be required to collect from applicants for this role, elements of Personally Identifiable Information in order to comply with governmental requirements.Who We Are & What We Offer:
AssetMark's mission is centered around helping financial advisors make a difference in the lives of their clients. To help them do that, we aim to provide advisors with holistic support. We offer compelling technology that facilitates a better client experience, consulting services that ensure advisors' businesses are running at their best and a comprehensive suite of investment solutions. AssetMark's platform empowers advisors to provide the highest level of service possible to their clients.
AssetMark's culture is driven by our mission and connected by our values; Heart, Integrity, Excellence and Respect. You will join a team that lives these values every day by doing the best and what is right in all we do and encouraging different ideas for continual success and innovation. Additionally, we offer a wide range of benefits to meet the needs of our team members and their families.
- Flex Time Off or Paid Time/Sick Time Off
- 401K - 6% Employer Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision - HDHP or PPO
- HSA - Employer contribution (HDHP only)
- Volunteer Time Off
- Career Development / Recognition
- Fitness Reimbursement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, AssetMark is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.