Financial Planning Associate Job Description
Rockwood Wealth Management is an established financial advisory firm serving clientele from our office in New Hope, PA in beautiful Bucks County. We are in the family wealth management business focusing on high-net worth clients, families, and business owners. Through a planning process built on integrity, expertise, and attention to every last detail, we navigate our clients through every phase of financial planning and discretionary investment management. We have been serving this area and regional niche for more than 15 years and have a constantly evolving succession plan in place to ensure that we’ll be here 40+ years from now.
This is a unique opportunity unlike most in the financial services industry. First, our firm is completely independent…there is no broker dealer affiliation. Therefore, as fiduciaries, our loyalty belongs exclusively to our clients. We do not practice market timing, are not a product-centric firm, and we absolutely do not have a sales culture. We focus equally on our clients’ comprehensive financial planning deliverables and investment management.
Second, we offer a competitive compensation structure and an equity ownership track for employees who demonstrate hard work and leadership characteristics while supporting the long-term goals of our firm. You will be a member of a collaborative and supportive team of high-performing colleagues. all working hard to help us grow a successful and multigenerational business. At Rockwood, you won’t be stuck building your own book…all clients are clients of the entire firm; this is not an eat-what-you-kill position…we’re not that kind of firm.
The right candidate for this position is going to be equally comfortable generating an ultra-detailed financial plan and engineering and allocating a household portfolio across multiple accounts of different tax types…and then expertly communicating both to the client.
If you are an aspiring wealth advisor (not a product salesperson) we encourage you to contact us to determine if you might be the right fit for our firm.
Below is an overview of what you would get to do and the problems you would be challenged to solve if you joined our team:
- Establish relationships with our existing and new clients
- Monitor and assist with client meeting scheduling
- Determine agenda items, update financial plan, goal tracking and mind map software linking all client information
- Attend client meetings and take notes for CRM.
- Develop client meeting summary letters
- Complete follow-up communication and implementation of actions that result from client meetings
- Participate in various aspects of financial plan implementation
- Join associations, groups, community organizations to give back and represent the firm in the area in a way you are passionate about
Financial Planning Contributions:
- Responsibility for ongoing updates to existing financial plans
- Assist in financial plan preparation for new clients
- Interact with various Strategic Alliances to ensure that the outside specialists are taking good care of our clients’ needs.
- Engage in ongoing financial planning education.
- Read industry journals and present your ideas to team, be active in local and national financial planning groups, and attend seminars and conferences
- Learn and adhere to firm policies and procedures
- Establishment or execution of new accounts, transfers, deposits/withdrawals, trades, and other items when needed
- Prepare reports and analysis for client service requests and client meetings
- Work on firm-wide projects to improve overall client deliverables and firm efficiency
- Be active in solving technology problems and applying the latest technology to our firm
Qualifications and Character Requirements:
- Sincere commitment to the highest levels of personal integrity B.A. or B.S. degree from accredited four-year university
- CFP® designation, or plans to pursue, preferred
- Commitment to the financial planning profession and process
- Must be problem solver who takes initiative and demonstrates ownership of one’s work product
- Possess a “no task is beneath my pay grade” attitude
- Show curiosity and confidence when dealing with clients and principals
- Specific experience working with MoneyGuidePro, Tamarac, and Fidelity or Schwab institutional custodian platforms are helpful, but not required
- Constantly “do the right thing”, character wise, especially when no one is looking
Salary and Benefits Information:
- Base salary commensurate with experience plus incentive bonus plan
- 401k plan with safe harbor matching employer contribution and discretionary profit-sharing plan
- Company covered employee medical and dental benefits
- Employer sponsored STD/LTD
- Reimbursement for CFP® Exam fee, if not yet taken
- Approved education and conference allowance
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Hybrid/location flexible work environment: 3-1-1
- Membership to local gym