Wealth Management Advisor
Supported with a robust array of resources and solutions, Advisors at TIAA spend their time deepening relationships with an established base of clients and organically growing their practice through referrals to deliver financial solutions that ignite the dreams of the people we exist to serve. We are proud that we've been recognized for being one of the world's most ethical companies and ranked by Diversity Inc as a Top 50 Company for diversity. We hire and develop Advisors who believe in our mission of helping our clients find confidence in retirement and who personify our values.Should the following skills reflect who you are and who you aspire to be, you will thrive as an Advisor at TIAA. •Deeply curious with a demonstrated ability to uncover the needs of the client.•Giving and receiving constructive feedback are hallmarks of your character.•Unlocking the value of bringing people together to leverage their skills, talents, and knowledge to achieve a common purpose is your north star.•Manages time and resources efficiently and effectively to bring compounding value and excellence to our clients.•Motivated by finding solutions, you maintain an entrepreneurial mindset in pursuit of growth.•Takes tremendous pride in your knowledge of investment solutions and planning prowess to diagnose the needs of clients and propose solutions that fit each client's unique scenario, and unwavering work ethic.•Thrives in an environment of empowerment and accountability, learns from mistakes, and applies the learning to drive performance.Key Responsibilities and Duties
- The Wealth Management Advisor partners with affluent clients to identify their financial goals, analyze their financial landscape and develop recommendations that help them work towards well defined financial objectives.
- Communicates complex financial solutions to clients, utilizing interpersonal communication and relationship building skills.
- Builds meaningful and long-lasting relationships, developing and implementing financial appropriate financial solutions.
- All licenses must be obtained within 120 days from start date.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 5+ years in a role with personal accountability and managing a book of business or equivalent experience; Required
- 5+ years building long-lasting relationships with affluent clients or equivalent experience; Required
Licenses and Certifications
- SRC Indicator: Series 7; Series 63; Series 65; Series 66
- Life and Health Insurance License (Resident State) - Multiple Issuers required
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) - Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards preferred Or
- Chartered Financial Analyst - Level I - Chartered Financial Analyst Institute ; If you do not have the CFP or CFA certification, TIAA will cover the cost of obtaining a CFP or CFA and increase your base salary upon successful completion; preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Business Development, Client Relationship Management, Collaboration, Consultative Communication, Continuous Improvement Mindset, Due Diligence, Practice Management Strategy, Prioritizes Effectively, Quantitative Analysis, Retirement Planning Selling, Sales, TIAA Products/Services Acumen, Wealth ManagementAnticipated Posting End Date:
Base Pay Range: $92,000/yr. - $110,000/yr.
Advisors are eligible to participate in competitive variable compensation package (paid on external sales, book of business, and balanced performance metrics) with material upside potential.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Company Overview
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That's why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary . Equal Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here .Accessibility Support
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
Email: email@example.com Privacy Notices
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in US (other than California), click here .
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in California, please click here .
For Applicants of Nuveen residing in Europe and APAC, please click here .
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (English), click here .
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here .
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (English), click here .
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click here .