Under general supervision, the Manager of Corporate Relations provides ongoing outreach to financial services firms to engage and promote CFP® certification. The ideal candidate will embrace open collaboration, possess intellectual curiosity and help the organization deliver results towards fulfilling our mission.
- Supports the Senior Manager, Corporate Relations in all aspects of corporate relationships, meetings, presentations, special projects, and initiatives.
- Support day-to-day relationships with firms, including tracking and presenting expected deliverables in order to achieve departmental goals and priorities.
- Serve cross-departmental functions as needed to ensure consistency and proper support.
- Support Development proposal process to ensure accuracy, and timeliness.
- Support stewardship and engagement to ensure firm/client satisfaction.
- Serve as subject matter expert for all internal and external firm-related data, including knowledge of the systems and processes in place to capture and report this certificant data.
- Identify, correct, and confirm all firm certificants data, including developing and suggesting updated processes and individual records.
- Support the development and creation of impactful and innovative ways of comparing and presenting data in order to increase adoption of CFP® certification at firms.
- Develop and maintain internal processes for tracking adoption of CFP® certification by firms.
- Serve as cross-departmental support manager for the planning and hosting of the multi-day CFP Board Conference
- Maintain strong knowledge of and relationships with all other departments at CFP Board in order to effectively communicate and collaborate on organizational goals.
- Manage preparations and day-of coordination for Financial Advice Working Group meetings.
- Collaborate with internal (Marketing, Communications, Public Policy, the Center) and external stakeholders (researchers, videographers, etc.) to prepare and produce resources that support organizational goals
- Liaison as needed between IT and Corporate Relations in the development and improvement of business systems
- Represent CFP Board to external stakeholders at industry and organizational meetings and conferences.
- Serve as System Administrator for the organization’s use of Salesforce.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors; degree in marketing, business or related field
- Experience in Financial Services industry; CFP® preferred but not required
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience
- Knowledge of channels, firms in financial services industry desired
- Knowledge and experience in using MS Office and Salesforce
- Ability to track and monitor a budget
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and priorities effectively and professionally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Collaborative mindset and ability to structure mutually beneficial partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to take personal responsibility and ownership for delivering on organizational commitments
- Some travel required
About CFP Board
CFP Board is the professional body for personal financial planners in the U.S. CFP Board consists of two affiliated organizations focused on advancing the financial planning profession for the public’s benefit. CFP Board of Standards (501(c)(6)) sets and upholds standards for financial planning and administers the prestigious CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM certification — widely recognized by the public, advisors and firms as the standard for financial planners — so that the public has access to the benefits of competent and ethical financial planning.
CFP® certification is held by nearly 100,000 in the U.S. CFP Board Center for Financial Planning (501(c)(3)) addresses diversity and workforce development challenges and conducts and publishes research that adds to the financial planning profession’s body of knowledge.
This position works on programs which are part of the 501 (c)(6).
This position is based in the Washington D.C. office and works a hybrid schedule which could be changed at any time.
CFP Board believes that diversity of experience and perspective are strengths and seeks to continue to grow a highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff.