The Sr. Manager of Future Financial Planning leads initiatives in support of the Workforce strategic priority of CFP Board, developing a sustainable and diverse financial planner workforce. Supports strategy development, strategic partnerships, and leads implementation of programs that increase awareness and pursuit of financial planning careers among career changers, recent college graduates, current baccalaureate students, and college bound high school students.
- Supports development and evolution of the Future CFP® Pro strategy to define, attract and convert audience segments that are more than 3 years away from CFP® certification including career changers, recent college graduates, college students, and college bound high school students.
- Identifies financial planning career development programs appropriately aligned with the audiences above to increase the number of financial planning professionals.
- Updates annual Future Financial Planner operating plan, in collaboration with Managing Director, Workforce.
- Maintains monthly reporting of all Future Financial Planner program dashboards and KPIs, in collaboration with Talent Pipeline and Student Engagement staff.
- Cultivates relationships with firms and educators to better understand talent challenges and collaborates with stakeholders to develop and/or improve CFP Board programs.
- Identifies and curates content and subject matter experts (SMEs) needed to execute strategic partnerships and programmatic initiatives.
- Partners with internal departments to create and execute audience-specific engagement programs and products that retain candidates within the CFP® certification pipeline.
- Works with financial recruiters and other industry experts to understand different financial planning career paths, aligning programs to market availabilities.
- Supports development and promotion of materials that highlight different career paths into the financial planning profession in collaboration with Talent Pipeline and Student Engagement staff.
- Manages and administers partnership agreements for all Future Financial Planning programs.
- Supports communications and marketing activities to promote Future Financial Planner initiatives generating maximum long-term ROI, in collaboration with CFP Board’s Communications and Marketing departments, and external agencies.
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships with financial firms, academic institutions, and career focused organizations to increase the universe of financial planning professionals.
- Manages the Future Financial Planner program budgets, including developing budget proposals and monitoring expenses and accounts.
- Scans financial services career ecosystem, including academic institutions and financial firms, for programmatic opportunities that support the long-term growth of CFP® professionals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Background/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, education, communications required; advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial services workforce training and/or learning and development, product development, and/or programs supporting college students from academia into the workforce
- CFP® certification a plus
- College or University and/or financial services experience preferred
- Strategic thinker with the ability to identify and articulate creative solutions to industry problems related to workforce training, development, and education
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within the corporate community, including but not limited to CEO and C-suite officials, volunteer committees, Board-level executives, as necessary, and HR directorates
- Knowledge of core education, workforce development, and financial services professional development systems
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to manage corporate partnerships
- Ability to make sound business decisions based upon data
- High level of professionalism and ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff
- Detail-oriented self-starter with high energy and the ability to work independently, accurately and on schedule
- Strong writer with strong proofreading skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work and collaborate as a part of a motivated, driven team
- Up to 10% travel required
About CFP Board
CFP Board is the professional body for personal financial planners in the U.S. CFP Board consists of two affiliated organizations focused on advancing the financial planning profession for the public’s benefit. CFP Board of Standards (501(c)(6)) sets and upholds standards for financial planning and administers the prestigious CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM certification — widely recognized by the public, advisors and firms as the standard for financial planners — so that the public has access to the benefits of competent and ethical financial planning.
CFP® certification is held by nearly 100,000 people in the U.S. CFP Board Center for Financial Planning (501(c)(3)) addresses diversity and workforce development challenges and conducts and publishes research that adds to the financial planning profession’s body of knowledge.
This position works on programs which are part of the 501 (c)(6).
This position is based in the Washington D.C. office and works a hybrid schedule which could be changed at any time.
CFP Board believes that diversity of experience and perspective are strengths and seeks to continue to grow a highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff.