If you're looking for a place to strengthen your developing skills, this is the opportunity for you! AssetMark, an industry-leading asset management firm, is looking for talented, proactive, and energized young professionals to participate in a dynamic summer internship. AssetMark's growth is rapidly excelling, and your desire for a fast-paced and exciting environment will be realized in an organization that cares about investing and developing its people for the future.
AssetMark supports financial advisors in their life's work—helping clients thrive. By giving advisors the tools they need to be successful, we free them up to help their clients reach their goals. We are driven by a mission and set of values that puts advisors and their clients first.
Underpinning all of our services is a deep commitment to asset management excellence, compelling technology and thought leadership. These principles inform our business strategy and reflect our commitment to building deep relationships with advisors, investors and each other.
AssetMark's service strategy is focused on creating loyal customers by delivering speed, consistency, service touch and accuracy through the work of our Operations and Service teams. This internship opportunity within Operations and Service will focus on a project or additional tasks required to support basic operational functions in Wealth Management. This role represents an opportunity for a candidate that wants to be challenged, is results driven, and passionate about learning new things.
The Trade Operations department is responsible for trading client accounts for AssetMark in an accurate and timely manner. This internship opportunity represents an exciting opportunity for a candidate that wants to be challenged, is results oriented, and passionate about learning to provide back office support for trading of accounts.Objectives:
- Gain work experience with business operations in a financial service related field
- Learn best practices for improving internal processes and streamlining procedures
- Gain insight into how to successfully collaborate within a dynamic organization
- Review and research a current business problem(s) impacting the Trade Operations team and work with leaders, peers, the team and key stakeholders on possible solutions.
- Drive execution on any solution to defined business problem
- Solution should positively impact team and drive improved results, including improving accuracy, increased productivity or efficiency, an enhanced client experience or stronger team engagement
- Identify gaps and possible improvements throughout the project, ensuring to track and report out on possible fixes/solutions
- Engage and communicate with key stakeholders along the way and keep all impacted teams aware of progress and report out on any changes
- Present on project outcomes and learnings at the end of internship
- Continually develop a more comprehensive understanding of AssetMark
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Management, Finance, or related field; will consider recent graduates
- Preferred minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office® (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to quickly learn AssetMark technology systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication; technical writing proficiency preferred
- Ability to self-direct and manage time and priorities
- Attention to detail; must be accurate and precise
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- A positive, team oriented, can-do attitude
Hourly wage: $16.00 per hour
Internship Duration: June 10 - August 16
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US to be considered. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
#LI-DNPWho We Are & What We Offer:
AssetMark's mission is centered around helping financial advisors make a difference in the lives of their clients. To help them do that, we aim to provide advisors with holistic support. We offer compelling technology that facilitates a better client experience, consulting services that ensure advisors' businesses are running at their best and a comprehensive suite of investment solutions. AssetMark's platform empowers advisors to provide the highest level of service possible to their clients.
AssetMark's culture is driven by our mission and connected by our values; Heart, Integrity, Excellence and Respect. You will join a team that lives these values every day by doing the best and what is right in all we do and encouraging different ideas for continual success and innovation. Additionally, we offer a wide range of benefits to meet the needs of our team members and their families.
- Flex Time Off or Paid Time/Sick Time Off
- 401K - 6% Employer Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision - HDHP or PPO
- HSA - Employer contribution (HDHP only)
- Volunteer Time Off
- Career Development / Recognition
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Hybrid Work Schedule
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, AssetMark is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.