Procyon Partners is a growing and vibrant Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm with both individuals as well as institutional retirement plans as clients. As a wealth management firm, we currently have forty-eight people caring for more than a thousand clients and are entrusted with over $6 billion dollars of client wealth.
Procyon is looking for a Financial Planner who will leverage their expertise to provide planning services to our advisors and serve as the direct financial planner to employees of our institutional retirement plan clients. As a member of the Financial Planning Team, you will report to the Director of Financial Planning and work alongside him on projects and initiatives crucial to the enhancement of our planning services.
About the Job
Procyon’s mission is to deliver deep expertise through a collaborative approach, empowering clients to focus on what is most important to them. Ideal candidates will reflect our firm’s personality traits, which are:
Passionate – We show up with energy & enthusiasm every day.
Driven – We work tirelessly to achieve exceptional outcomes.
Approachable – We always make sure people feel welcome.
Candid – We tell it like it is in language you will understand.
Caring – We have your back.
We are looking for a capable and confident planner who will apply their skillset to:
- Generate error-free financial plans and recommendations for clients and plan participants. Organize financial planning deliverables into a presentable format that tells a story. Develop new business generation ideas for clients and prospects by identifying gaps in their plans. Build strong, long-term relationships. You will work with advisors and clients to analyze clients’ current financial health, help set short/long-term financial goals, and design a realistic plan of action. As appropriate, you will proactively provide the following: Strategic investment and retirement planning advice. Estate planning considerations and summaries, in conjunction with the client's attorney. Income tax and insurance guidance, alongside the client’s relevant professionals. Coordination of client meetings, including planning deliverables and post-meeting updates. Answers to our clients’ questions with superior service front of mind, always.
Track your ongoing and upcoming plans to ensure the timeliness of work. Proactive communication with the Director of Financial Planning, our advisors, and our clients is critical. “Know what you don’t know” – Work autonomously to create high-integrity plans and client deliverables, but proactively reach out to the Director of Financial Planning where you have questions or would like additional training. Support the Director of Financial Planning with ongoing projects and initiatives to enhance the timelines for their rollout and completion. About You
- The successful candidate will be a deep critical thinker, detail-oriented, and someone who, when given an assignment, will take ownership to accomplish it autonomously, or will proactively seek out help – but will not let anything fall through the cracks. Superior, effective communicator who can adjust their message and style to the needs of our clients. Enthusiastic, energetic, determined, and positive – especially under pressure – intellectually curious and willing to learn and up-skill in new areas. Excellent time manager with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and foresee and prevent future problems. Refined presenter who can synthesize complex ideas and communicate clearly with stakeholders. An aptitude for a fast-paced, high-energy role with the ability to complete work both in a team setting and autonomously.
- The proven aptitude to successfully collaborate with advisors, planners, and administrative staff to provide the optimal experience for clients and to deliver exceptional outcomes.
- 3+ years of Financial Planning, Estate Planning, and/or Tax Planning/Preparation Experience CFP® Designation Required and Ability to be Licensed as an IAR (Series 65) Proximity to Our Shelton CT, Melville NY, or Fulton MD Offices to Accommodate Hybrid Work Financial Planning Software Knowledge (eMoney, MoneyGuide, and FP Alpha are preferred.) Adept in Microsoft Office Suite Team Player with Strong Interpersonal Skills Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Abilities High Personal Character and Integrity
And What’s Not
- A Desire to Be an Advisor or Have Business Development Responsibilities Financial Industry Licenses
Why Work for Us
Procyon was designed from the ground up to be an excellent home for our clients and employees. We work hard for our clients, but also want Procyon to be a great place to work. We currently follow a hybrid work schedule, allowing employees to work from home on Mondays and Fridays and come into an office on Tues- Thurs for meetings, training, and idea-sharing better done in person. We have fun Procyon events regularly to maintain our great culture. We encourage lifelong learning and, with approval, will also reimburse high-performing employees for pursuing approved advanced designations.
As a vibrant and growing firm there is an opportunity for anyone to join and make a difference right away and find new challenges as you learn and grow along with the firm.
We pay a competitive salary and annual discretionary bonus for this role. In addition, the annual bonus is subject to a firm multiplier to reward employees for the firm’s overall performance.$75,000 – $90,000 Base Salary + 10% Target Bonus
Our benefits package is competitive with medical, dental, vision benefits, 401(k) match, and four weeks’ vacation from the start. We also follow the NYSE holiday schedule. The dress code is business casual with the occasional suit or equivalent needed for client meetings.
We currently have two larger offices in Shelton CT and Melville NY and smaller offices in Manhattan NY, Fulton MD, and Knoxville TN.