Financial Planning Specialist
An innovative, driven, and successful private wealth financial advisory practice is seeking an experienced Financial Planning Specialist for its team in Wellesley, Mass.
Summary and position purpose:
This role focuses on the independent preparation and delivery of complex and accurate financial planning analysis and advice delivered to clients in a clear and timely manner. With an emphasis on creating and delivering a unique client experience that defines and differentiates the practice, this position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
- Create financial plans:
- Attend to unique needs of individual clients.
- Assist in answering questions and provide readily available information to clients, if requested and as allowable, as it relates to servicing their accounts.
- Articulate advice and information in a clear and meaningful way.
- Propose solutions for clients with illustrations.
- Provide clear and robust documentation of goals and advice
- Provide an analysis of strategies.
- Provide educational pieces for client consumption as identified in our process or when appropriate.
- Complete understanding and utilization of practice tools
- Attend client meetings, client appreciation events and seminars upon request.
- Attend/participate in training and office meetings.
- Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the Financial Advisor(s), Associate Financial Advisor(s), and the Planning & Tax Department.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- The Financial Planning Specialist exercises independent judgment and discretion in providing advice to clients.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate overcoming challenges and obstacles while developing and constructing advice for clients.
- It is essential that the Financial Planning Specialist has a high degree of integrity, honesty, commitment and trust. The financial health, image and goodwill of the company are highly influenced by the person holding this position.
- Must have a clear understanding of compliance and compliance related procedures
- The successful Financial Planning Specialist will have good to excellent inter and intra personal relationship skills, effective communication skills and the willingness to show empathy and understanding for various points of view.
- Must have the ability to communicate with clients in a professional, clear and concise manner. Must exercise discretion in dealing with the personal information of clients.
- Ability to communicate in writing complex advice is essential.
- Supportive to the practice with a can-do, positive attitude.
Preferred Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Designations:
- Licenses – Series 7, 66 (or 65 & 63) and state Life, Accident & Health; and/or any licenses currently required by Ameriprise Financial
- Certified Financial Planner designation, or other related designation(s) as approved by management
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Two+ years related experience in a Financial Planning organization
- Continuing education – Lifelong learning is expected