Family Wealth Planner
PagnatoKarp is an award-winning multi-family office based in Reston, Virginia, with $3.9B in assets under advisement. With over 25 years serving entrepreneurs, business owners, and wealth creators, clients hire PagnatoKarp to simplify complexities, design their future, and provide peace of mind. PagnatoKarp is seeking an individual with sophisticated planning experience in serving the needs of ultra high net worth individuals, families, and business owners. The candidate will serve as a primary point of contact for client families, and collaborate with family office peers (portfolio manager, private banker, attorney, tax advisor, family coach, and lifestyle coordinator) to deliver an integrated and optimized client experience. Compensation is commensurate with education/accreditation and relevant work experience.
- Serve as a trusted partner to help clients navigate complexities in pursuit of their goals
- Develop extensive relationships with the individuals and families served, and constantly champion their needs
- Attend quarterly client review meetings in conjunction with the portfolio manager
- Create custom financial plans for prospective clients, and refine them as their unique situations and economic landscape warrant
- Collaborate with family office peers and clients’ other trusted professionals to deliver integrated advice
- Translate and communicate complex planning concepts with ease to clients, prospects, and peers
- Utilize technology to communicate concepts, design plans, and scale
- Remain current on trends, legislative developments, and planning opportunities, and proactively apply them
- Maintain a personal commitment to continuing education for professional development and growth
Qualifications & Characteristics
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) Professional
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or a related field
- 10+ years’ financial services experience, with 5+ years planning for ultra high net worth individuals and families
- A thorough understanding of integrated family wealth planning, including estate and tax planning, risk management, philanthropic giving, and family governance
- CPWA® designation, a Masters degree, law degree, or CPA certification a plus
- Ability to process information and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, their trusted advisors, and peers
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Approaches problems with creativity, innovation, and tenacity
- Candidate should be confident and assertive, and able to garner the respect of others
- The ability to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment is essential
- Familiarity with eMoney a plus
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest level of client service, ethics, and integrity
- Proficient in the use of Salesforce, Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and other office software and technology
Equal Employment Opportunities
PagnatoKarp extends equal job opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. This Company policy affirms the Company’s commitment to equal opportunity in the work place.
All employment related decisions including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, promotion, termination, and compensation will be made without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other trait protected by law that is applicable to the Company.