Analyst - Advanced Financial Planning Desk
SUMMARY: This position is to help provide the highest degree of financial knowledge and education for Edelman Financial Engines to assure that we provide our clients the best guidance and advice available in the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expert financial planning techniques and strategies to EFE financial planners and planning teams
- Serve as a primary resource to planners with unique and advanced client cases by conducting research and providing perspective on financial planning alternatives and areas of consideration
- Collaborate with Marketing, Planning, Human Resources and Compliance to deliver impactful and meaningful content to support industry changes, financial planning techniques and firmwide initiatives
- Develop, design and implement new onboarding and field initiatives training to new hires and existing planners, partnering with the Learning & Development team
- Manage Research & Education projects and process improvements; serve as the department lead and point of contact
- Deliver new hire and financial planning workshop training on a variety of different topics when needed
- Work with Operations and IT Departments on enhancing existing systems, development of new systems and deployment strategies
- Collaborate with multiple departments to review and edit written and other material we make available to the public; proactively develop communication plan on content to the planners
- Develop, catalogue, and maintain a financial planning resource library
- Perform other duties as assigned and required
- Some travel may be required
- Must be comfortable independently evaluating a situation, exercising judgment, and determining when to escalate to management
- Position requires high level of responsibility regarding confidential information; must maintain confidentiality at all times
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication, as necessary to work effectively with staff at all levels
- Must be flexible and a strong team player
- Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail, ability to organize work, and follow-up skills are critical to the successful performance of position responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize, address multiple projects and meet deadlines is critical
- Thorough knowledge of MS Outlook, Power Point, Sharepoint, Word and Excel is a must
- Knowledge in all areas of financial planning including investments, insurance, retirement planning, estate planning, taxes, real estate and mortgages
- Coaching and training experience
- Minimum 5 years financial services industry experience working with clients in a broker/dealer or registered investment advisor environment required
- Bachelor's degree required
- CFP® designation preferred
- Series 65 or 66 securities license required, or must be obtained within 6 months from start of position
- Applicable state insurance license required or must be obtained within 6 months from start of position
About Edelman Financial Engines
Since 1986, Edelman Financial Engines has been committed to always acting in the best interests of our clients. We were founded on the belief that all American investors — not just the wealthy — deserve access to personal, comprehensive financial planning and investment advice. Today, we are America’s top independent financial planning and investment advisor, recognized by both InvestmentNews and Barron’s with 180+ planner offices across the country and entrusted by more than 1.1 million clients to manage over $181 billion in assets. Our unique approach to serving clients combines our advanced methodology and proprietary technology with the attention of a dedicated planner. Every client’s situation and goals are unique, and the powerful fusion of high-tech and high-touch allows Edelman Financial Engines to deliver the personal plan and financial confidence that everyone deserves.
© 2019 Edelman Financial Engines™, LLC All rights reserved. All advisory services provided by Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. Financial Engines Advisors does not guarantee future results.
1 Ranking and status for 2017. For independence methodology and ranking, see InvestmentNews Center (http://data.investmentnews.com/ria/).
2 The Top 40 Independent Advisory Firm Ranking issued by Barron’s is qualitative and quantitative, including assets managed, the size and experience of teams, and the regulatory records of the advisers and firms. Firms elect to participate, but do not pay to be included in the ranking. Investor returns/experience are not considered. 2018 ranking refers to Edelman Financial Services (EFS), which combined its advisory business in its entirety with Financial Engines Advisors L.L.C. (FEA) in November 2018. For the same survey, FEA received a precombination ranking of twelfth.