We are seeking a Financial Advisor as our firm is growing. Not only will you be the primary relationship manager for your own clients, but you will be supported by your own dedicated Financial Planning Associate, an Operations team, and Business Development team.
Join an acclaimed and collegial, 35-person firm that helps families thrive through the unique set of financial opportunities and challenges posed by life in the Bay Area. Golub Group combines comprehensive financial planning and institutional-grade investment management to secure better futures for our clients.
Financial Advisors have the responsibility for managing existing client relationships. The position is responsible for formulating and implementing advice, but may also partner with Portfolio Managers, Partners and/or more senior financial advisors to develop recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds and deepens relationships by providing a high quality client experience in all interactions
- Obtains and reviews clients’ investment goals, time horizons and tolerance for market volatility
- Schedules, prepares, holds and executes on follow up items for all client meetings
- Produces, presents and reviews/updates financial plans designed to help clients achieve their goals
- Writes, reviews and updates Investment Policy Statements
- Serves as a primary liaison between client and portfolio management team
- Earns/asks for introductions to new clients by focusing on relationship and being of uncommon value
Salary and Benefits
- Salary based on experience
- Company profit-sharing plan (eligible after 6 months of employment plus 1 full quarter)
- Quarterly bonus based on successfully completing financial plan metrics
- Incentive compensation on new assets
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account, and 401K plan
- Work experience: a minimum of 3 years providing advisory services in a client facing role and at least 1 year of financial planning
- CFP Certified (or working towards it)
- Bachelor's degree
- Highly proficient in MS Office; experience with eMoney and Tamarac/AdvisorView a plus
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills (integrity, humility, respect, empathy)
- Ability to work independently but also be a proactive contributing team member
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on projects effectively