Manager, Financial Planning
Manager - Financial Planning
Sullivan, Bruyette, Speros & Blayney, LLC (SBSB) has a current opening for a Manager of Financial Planning to join our Wealth Advisory Practice in McLean, VA. This position works collaboratively on a client service team to provide financial planning, investment management and tax services for our clients.
As an SBSB Manager of Financial Planning you will be mentored by and work alongside our deeply experienced CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals, Certified Public Accountants and CFA charterholders and will have direct client interface addressing financial planning strategies and questions.
Are you looking to be part of a collegial, client-focused, fee-only wealth advisory firm? SBSB takes a thoughtful, thorough, and personalized approach to providing financial planning, portfolio management, tax, and fiduciary services to our clients.
SBSB is committed to investing in our people and nurturing team members who embrace our philosophy of developing deep expertise, providing excellent client service, and putting clients’ needs first. Our collaborative, team-oriented environment results in exceptional opportunities for long-term professional development.
Key Manager of Financial Planning Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive financial plans including review of stock options, employee benefits, insurance policies, estate planning, beneficiary designations and asset titling.
- Review financial plans prepared by Associate Financial Planners.
- Take a leadership role in team and firm projects/assignments.
- Prepare and review income tax projections and returns.
- Correspond with clients to coordinate quarterly estimated tax payment strategies and provide voucher forms.
- Consult with clients regarding tax considerations of any step in the financial planning process.
- Prepare and deliver client meeting follow up and deliverables as needed.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the client and coordinate with client service team specialists on complex issues.
- Assist Directors and Managing Directors in relationship management duties.
- Explain financial planning, tax and investment management concepts and strategies to clients through both written and oral communication.
Key Manager of Financial Planning Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree required; major in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Mathematics preferred
- CFP®, CPA, CFA, or MBA required
- Four or more years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of the financial planning process, related services and client servicing needs
- Strong communication and analytical skills with ability to present complex data and information to clients