Client Service Executive
Kilter Group is an innovative and growing financial services firm at the forefront of the industry. The company offers comprehensive financial management in the areas of insurance, investments, tax planning, business exit planning, and more. We are committed to providing our clients the strategic planning, education, and support that enables them to meet their full financial potential. If you are looking to join a small, nimble financial services company, with influential reach and ample opportunities for growth, then Kilter Group might be the company for you.
We’re seeking an exceptionally organized, hands-on Client Service Executive who operates with the highest standards of customer service and follow through. As a Client Service Executive, you will partner with the company’s principal financial advisor and other internal teams to ensure all advisor and customer needs are met. You will need to be exceptionally flexible and have a demonstrated ability to solve a wide range of complex business challenges. The ideal candidate will possess an uncanny ability to multi-task and independently prioritize their time to maximize business and customer benefit. They will be able to interact effectively across a range of functional roles and will possess tremendous attention to detail. They will be able to work in an extremely fast paced, sometimes ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively internally and with clients, and be able to develop strong customer relationships. Put simply, this role is about ensuring that our clients are taken care of, that our internal and external commitments are met, and that innovations in practices and procedures are propelling the business forwards.
In this role, you will report to the company’s Principal. The ideal candidate is resolute in their ambitions to grow their career in the financial consulting space and wants to learn from the best. You're not afraid of small details or the mundane and are also excited to work on significant initiatives with the firms apprized clients.
- Act as the primary, dedicated point of contact for many of Kilter Group’s highest valued clients.
- Actively develop and grow relationships assigned to you, ensuring every possible client need is met.
- Act as the primary resolution function for any issues or questions raised by your customers.
- Coordinate, conduct, and document quarterly reviews with each of your assigned clients.
- Assist clients in completing required paperwork in a timely manner and upload to internal portals.
- Demonstrate our technology suite to clients and train them, ensuring they utilize these tools.
- Track client communication and proactively reach out on a regular basis.
- Partner internally with advisors to periodically review account health and identify opportunities for future growth.
- Participate in and transcribe meetings (onsite or via phone) between advisor and client, following up with a post-meeting summary each time.
- Ensure preparedness for meetings, syncing with both the client and advisor in advance.
- Open insurance inquires with various providers and spearhead exploratory processes as requested by advisor.
- Schedule medical exams and take ownership of insurance underwriting.
- Complete all processes and paperwork required to open new investment accounts.
- Manage and oversee the data integrity of our CRM and e-money platforms.
- Coordinate actionable items with our partners, legal team, and other external contributors.
- Organize, track, and enable the fulfilment of all outstanding deliverables.
- Ensure on time completion in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Maintain accuracy and confidentiality in all areas of the role.
- Meet as a team weekly to maintain progress reports, trackers, and pipeline oversight.
- Continually develop your own knowledge and application of financial products and strategies to support and enable the growth of our customers.
Minimum 2-5 years experience in client care in the financial services industry. Baseline knowledge of insurance and investment products and underwriting requirements. Exposure to sensitive information requires adherence to confidentiality and compliance standards at all times. Tact, diplomacy, and sound judgment must be exercised in interactions with the team and with clients. Must be able to take direction from other team members while also being able to independently prioritize in order to to fulfill various expectations. Must have the aptitude and eagerness to learn and continually develop.
- Obsession with customer service, organization, follow through, and attention to detail.
- Strong computer proficiency, including Google Apps, Microsoft Office and modern web apps.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including strong proofreading ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including past experience interacting with a firm’s clients.
- Ability to take direction and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to communicate an expectation to others and follow up through to completion.
- Ease in working with diverse personalities.
- Prior experience in independently prioritizing while maintaining a sense of urgency.
- Takes action and stays on track with minimal direction and using sound judgement.