Associate Financial Advisor
Position Description for Part-Time Associate Financial Advisor
Omega Wealth Management, LLC is currently seeking a full-time Associate Financial Advisor who is a sharp, caring CFP® professional to fill out our team, sharing client relationships with multiple team members, supporting a strongly client-centered approach. Our work is focused on serving people in significant life/financial/career transitions as well as successful entrepreneurs. The right candidate will be very detail-oriented, organized & comfortable following processes, as well as adaptable to the normal changes of a people-focused business. The position is part of a structured career path with the opportunity for potential ownership in the firm. Technical skills and substantial financial planning knowledge are required with strong communication and relationship skills being preferred. Ideal characteristics will be: authenticity, curiosity, compassion, team approach, and the ability to learn and grow.
- Review/prepare appointment meeting materials for client meetings.
- Must have strong technology skills and familiar with industry related technology and visual tools.
- Oversee preparation of proper planning agreements, forms, and applications for new client and existing client meetings.
- Conduct research and analysis as requested by the Advisory Team.
- Assist in financial life plan creation including data input, plan review, qualitative summary, presentation to client.
- Serve as a back up to the Lead & Senior Advisors in communicating with clients.
- Create investment recommendations as directed.
- Perform planning & investment research as needed.
- Assist Advisory Team with appointment follow up.
- Provide support on marketing efforts.
- You will report to the Senior Advisor.
Company benefits include:
- Paid parking.
- 8 paid holidays, your birthday off (or an extra day of leave), and a holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
- Health/dental/vision insurance or reimbursement of up to $200/mo.
- Basic short and long-term disability insurance.
- FPA and CFP® membership dues and some conference fees.
- 3% Safe Harbor 401k annual contribution, regardless of your participation in the plan.
About the firm:
Omega Wealth Management, LLC is a woman-owned business, founded in 1999. Omega specializes in taking a holistic and comprehensive approach to working with people going through significant financial/business/life transitions and successful entrepreneurs. Currently, Omega has 3 advisors who are all CFP® professionals and Certified Financial Transitionists® and we are looking to expand our business based on a well-articulated strategic plan using the Entrepreneurial Operating System®. Our core values include: Authenticity, a client-centered approach, curiosity, always evolving attitude, servant leadership, “walk the talk” approach, and focus on balance in various aspects of our lives and work.
- Professional and knowledgeable demeanor.
- At least 2-3 years of prior related professional work experience, preferably within the financial services industry.
- Enthusiasm for financial planning, with a strong interest in learning about life planning.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- CFP® designation or passed CFP® exam and awaiting completion of experience requirement.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience in the securities industry, regulations, financial planning and investment management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, meet and follow through with client’s needs and requirements.
- Familiarity and ideally, proficiency with Junxure, eMoney, and MoneyGuidePro are important.
- Must be a self-starter and a problem solver.
- Must interact effectively with office staff and be a goal-oriented team player.
- Attention to detail and a curiosity for solving problems.
- Must demonstrate excellence in organization and time management skills.
- Willing to “share” client relationship duties with other professionals.