Financial Advisor Intern
College internship opportunity to impact your future
This is your opportunity to be part of an internship that has a real impact on your future. An internship with Synergy Wealth Solutions, a MassMutual general agency, provides a hands-on learning experience and builds the foundation to become a full-time Financial Services Representative.
As a Financial Services Representative, you will learn how to assess clients’ needs and design strategies to set them on a path to greater financial security. Supported by agency professionals, you’ll be part of a designated team who will guide you as you develop and sharpen your sales skills.
- Prospecting for clients through networking and referrals with a goal of 5+ referrals per week
- Setting appointments by mastering phoning language with a goal of 100 phone calls per week
- Articulating your value proposition
- Developing and maintaining long-term relationships with clients
- Meeting with clients and prospects with a goal of keeping 8 appointments per week
- Providing financial solutions for clients through fact gathering and needs analyses with a goal of 2 Fact Finders per week
- Expanding personal knowledge and skills through ongoing professional development and joint work with fellow associates
- Prepare for client presentations by devoting necessary time each week to case design
- Orientation Training the first week of the internship
- Activity review with Sales Manager 1 morning per week for entire internship duration
- Accountability Meeting every Monday for entire internship duration
- Development trainings as scheduled monthly
- Successfully passing the Life, Accident and Health Exam
- Professional dress attire during business hours
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Presentation and organization skills
- Self-motivated and a strong work ethic
- Desire to succeed
- Candidate for a BA, BS, and/or graduate degree
- Junior or Senior on transcript
A college intern typically spends 40 hours per week in the program, earning academic credit and/or pay.
Financial Services Representatives are independent contractors and are not employees of MassMutual, its subsidiaries, or of General Agents with whom they contract. Local sales agencies are not subsidiaries of MassMutual or its affiliated companies.
Junior or Senior on transcript