Sr. Client Relationship Advisor
RE Advisers is a subsidiary of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) and the investment manager for Homestead Funds. With offices in Arlington, VA, the company manages approximately $10 billion in mutual fund, separate account and institutional assets.
The company shares offices with its parent and business units work collaboratively across the organization. NRECA is a not-for-profit organization that serves and represents the nation’s consumer-owned rural electric cooperatives. NRECA has won numerous awards over including:
• 100 Best Places to Work - ComputerWorld Magazine
• 50 Best Places to Work - The Washingtonian
• CARE Award Recipient - Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance
• 50 Greatest places to Work - AARP
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields. They are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting, constantly and evolving, requiring new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each person’s overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance. EEO/AA- M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Genetic Data
Sr. Client Relationship Advisor
Homestead Funds is recruiting for a Sr. Client Relationship Advisor to support our nationwide key account shareholders with their investment decisions and promote Homestead Funds in the electric cooperative channel. In this role you will work within a team to support key account shareholders by conducting over-the-phone and in-person confidential, personalized portfolio reviews and proposing customized asset allocation strategies based on each shareholder’s financial needs. Build trusted relationship with key accounts to ensure retention of assets. You will also travel to electric cooperatives to present Homestead Funds information to cooperative employees and educate them on the benefits of investing (approximately 30% travel).
Purpose and Mission
• Provide confidential, individualized financial advisory/guidance services to Homestead Funds key account shareholders.
• Utilize CRM system to build and manage relationships with shareholders.
• Promote Homestead Funds at various NRECA-sponsored events and at cooperative locations.
• Present Homestead Funds information, educate cooperative employees on benefits of investing, meet one-on-one with cooperative employees to discuss investing needs.
• Analyze investment needs of Homestead Funds clients and research new products and services that could meet anticipated future needs
• Work closely with Marketing and Sales department to manage messaging and travel.
• Maintain expert knowledge of Homestead Funds including all products, account types and services, as well as the regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission and FINRA. Review the Internal Revenue Service’s tax guidelines and regulations for all account options on an ongoing basis. Complete annual compliance training including Ethics and Anti-Money Laundering courses
• Bachelor’s in business related field, Masters preferred
• FINRA Series 6, 63 and 65
• Possess or be in the process of obtaining a professional designation such as CFP, ChFC or CFA
• 6-8 years of investment industry experience is required. At least four years direct experience in a senior client facing role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills must be demonstrated consistently
• Must be comfortable presenting to a group and have ability to present complex information in a relatable manner
• Must be able to work independently and travel up to 30% of the time
• Must have demonstrated excellence in client service and analytical problem-solving skills
• In-depth understanding of securities and financial products is required