Paraplanner for a mission-driven financial planning practice. The Paraplanner plays a crucial role in the smooth functioning of a fast-paced office. This individual will have an overall responsibility for back-office implementation and management of day to day licensed client service duties. Our culture is down to earth with a focus on quality so the Paraplanner must be able to work effectively with other team members, clients, and business contacts.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Attends client meetings and manages implementation and delegation of action items.
- Manages new business processing within the practice.
- Preparation of paperwork for clients.
- Tracking and management of processing through completion.
- Responsible for maintenance and submission of compliance logs.
- Works with Financial Advisor and Financial Counselor and to identify recommendations for client meetings and e-mail check-ins.
- Assists with the management of practice’s model portfolios.
- Executes appropriate trades to align with client portfolio recommendations.
- Preparation of financial plans, reports, and materials for client meetings, both in-person and online.
- Assists in obtaining and analyzing client data.
- Efficient use of electronic client files utilizing Google Drive.
- Attends to client requests promptly and escalates to other team members when necessary.
- Tracks and coordinates updates of information within Merino Wealth’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Communicates clearly with team members.
- Has a baseline understanding of financial planning advice.
- Develops and maintains written systems and processes.
- Must be able to a quick learner and able to communicate when additional help or training is needed.
- Ability to anticipate outcomes.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Can track personal ongoing and ad hoc tasks.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Takes a proactive approach towards servicing clients.
- Replies to client calls and e-mails either same day or within 24 business hours.
This is a small business, and with everything we do, we stay conscious of our own self-discipline, service orientation, and positive attitudes. We would hope that the person who joins our team also sees these values as important.
Although you will receive hands-on support, you’ll also need to maintain your own understanding and self-educate on the company systems and locate resources for new procedures and policies on an on-going basis.
- Active Series 7 and Series 66 licenses
- At least 3 years of previous experience within a financial advisory practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations.
- Excellent attitude.
- Extraordinary client service orientation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and operate on tight deadlines.
- Proven competency using MS Office applications; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Technology experience a plus:
- Redtail CRM and Webmail
- Moneyguide Pro