Delta Community is one of the largest and fastest growing credit unions in Georgia. Our rapid growth has created additional career opportunities within the organization. We are looking for energetic, flexible, and service oriented individuals for the following position.
The Wealth Advisor’s primary focus will be to deliver a wealth management experience to clients in need of financial planning and advice. This person is responsible for providing comprehensive financial planning in the following key areas: cash flow analysis, retirement and estate planning, charitable planning, education planning and income tax planning. The Wealth Advisor will also support the financial planning deliverable of Retirement & Investment Services through mentorship and the cultivation of educational content.
Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Lead the development and execution of the Financial Planning deliverable, including financial planning for a fee, hourly consulting and comprehensive wealth management for members of Delta Community Credit Union
• Conduct complex financial modelling and forecasting
• Present technical financial issues and associated implications to clients and related professionals in a compelling, concise and effective manner
• Drive adoption and implementation of multi-faceted wealth planning strategies
• Facilitate in-depth exploratory discussions with clients and prospects
• Design comprehensive financial plans and initiate solutions in a fiduciary capacity
• Analyze clients’ personal financial documents (including tax, estate, income, investment, and insurance statements) to compile detailed assessment of a client’s current financial condition
• Develop and foster deep relationships with personal and commercial members, delivering sound, actionable financial advice and an exceptional client experience
• Expected to be a “market moving” advisor with ability to handle the most challenging, sensitive and complex client situations
• Serve as subject matter expert to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our wealth management deliverable
• Cultivate mutually beneficial business relationships with centers of influence and external partners to include CPAs, attorneys, etc.
• Knowledgeable engagement of changing economic, legal, financial planning, investment trends and general market and business issues impacting affluent clients
• Ensure a high-quality compliant portfolio by working within an audit, compliance and regulatory framework
• Advance professional development through training and participation in CFP Board of Standards, Financial Planning Association, etc.
• This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• This job description is subject to change at any time.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
- FINRA Series 7 and 66, Life/Accident/Sickness and Variable Products Insurance and Long Term Care Certification required within 90 days of on-boarding
- • Must have AIF® designation or be able to acquire it within 6 months of on-boarding
- • Must have active CFP® designation or completed Masters or Doctorate Degree in Finance, Financial Planning or Behavioral Finance and be eligible to sit for the CFP® exam. Candidates that do not currently hold the CFP®, but meet the education requirements, must successfully complete the exam within 6 months of on-boarding.
- • 7+ years’ experience delivering financial planning and/or wealth management experience directly to clients
- • Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- • Proficiency in financial modeling and forecasting using planning tools such as eMoney
- • Must have strong communication/presentation skills to support the delivery of complex financial planning concepts and techniques to both clients and team members
- • Excellent organizational skills to support the implementation/execution of financial planning recommendations with clients
- • Complies with all Credit Union policies and procedures including those related to Bank Secrecy Act regulations
- CPA license and/or JD