Senior Operations Specialist
Delta Community is one of the largest and fastest growing credit unions in Georgia. Our rapid growth has created additional career opportunities within the organization. We are looking for energetic, flexible, and service oriented individuals for the following position.
The Delta Community Retirement & Investment Services (R&IS) Senior Operations Specialist reviews company operations for the purpose of improving operational processes to better serve customers and to improve organizational efficiencies. S/he coordinates processes to ensure that information systems support departmental and overall business operational needs. S/he serves as the first point of contact for coworkers and departmental liaisons. S/he may manage small to medium scale projects within the department. S/he gathers data to contribute to the development of business plans and strategies, runs existing reports and provides input for the development of new reports. S/he works under limited supervision to analyze and solve complex operational, systems-related and/or customer issues. S/he recommends process improvements for daily operating procedures. S/he coordinates business functions that may involve participation from multiple business units.
Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
• Coordinate processes to ensure information systems support departmental business needs.
• Manage small to medium scale projects.
• Gather and analyze data to contribute to the development of business plans and strategies.
• Analyze and solve complex operational, systems-related, and/or customer issues.
• Create and maintain reports.
• Responsible for managing vendor relationships, defining user requirements, and performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe
or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• This job description is subject to change at any time.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
If not fully securities and insurance licensed at time of hire, will be required to complete the following:
• Successfully obtain Georgia Life, Accident and Sickness license within first three months of hire
• Sit for FINRA SIE license exam within 6 months of hire and successfully complete no later than 8 months from hire date
• Sit for FINRA Series 7 license exam within 10 months of hire and successfully complete no later than 12 months from hire date
• Sit for FINRA Series 66 license exam within 15 months of hire and successfully complete no later than 17 months from hire date
• Successfully complete Variable Products license exam and Long-Term Care Certification within 18 months from hire date
• Note: If successful applicant is partially licensed at time of hire, licensing schedule will be amended accordingly
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 3+ years’ in business operations or related business analysis.
• Must have strong quantitative analytical, critical and strategic thinking skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in work produced.
• Must have technical writing experience.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must be solutions-oriented.
• Must be proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Pivot Tables and Statistical Analysis
• Complies with all Credit Union policies and procedures including those related to Bank Secrecy Act regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance or related area.
• 3+ years’ project work experience.
• Experience working with call routing strategies.
• Knowledge of credit union or financial services systems, policies and procedures.