Wealth Advisor | Financial Planner
EFG Advisors is an independent wealth management firm specializing in financial planning, wealth accumulation, and wealth transfer for affluent individuals, families, and business owners. We deliver tailored financial solutions for our clientele that include wealth accumulation strategies, investment management, retirement income strategies, and advanced insurance planning.
EFG Advisors, one of the premier Wealth Management and Financial Advisory firms in the Midwest, is seeking a Wealth Advisor/Financial Planner to play a vital role in our Firm’s advisory practice. The Wealth Advisor/Financial Planner will serve as a trusted advisor to EFG’s clients to help them understand and achieve their financial objectives. This individual is also responsible for ensuring a consistent and positive client experience through managing, maintaining, and enriching client relationships.
This position requires a proactive approach and the ability to independently carry out the responsibilities of the position. The ideal candidate should exhibit the ability to work in a team-oriented environment, have high standards, excellent communication skills, and good judgment. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with fellow advisors, operations teams, and EFG’s vendor partners to deliver a seamless client experience is critical to be successful in this role.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meet with clients to gather, discuss, and understand personal financial information such as current income, liabilities, expenses, risk tolerance, financial goals, tax status, insurance coverage, and other information necessary for effective financial planning.
- Based on the analysis of financial data, develop, and execute strategies and plans to help clients meet their financial goals.
- Monitor plan performance; realign and redistribute funds to maintain objectives.
- Regularly review clients’ accounts and plan regularly to determine life changes that would affect financial strategy.
- Cultivate and maintain strong, ongoing relationships to retain existing clients; track their successes, and keep them informed about any changes that may affect their finances.
- Maintain knowledge of new and emerging investment trends and opportunities.
- Create or assist in creating presentations, documentation, and deliverables for all assigned clients.
- Field, research, resolve, and respond to queries.
- Actively engage in client meeting preparation; provide recommendations and feedback relative to the client’s unique needs, as appropriate.
- Provide accurate, meaningful, and timely results through effective interaction with clients, advisors, investment/insurance teams, and staff.
- Strong problem-solving skills, personal accountability, and professionalism
- Demonstrated passion for delivering exceptional client service with high ethical standards
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to listen to clients’ needs and provide solutions
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management skills and ability to multi-task
- A career-motivated professional who is self-confident, energetic, and possesses a superb work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Ability to work within a team structure
- Initiative; self-starter; proactive, resourceful
- 4-year college degree, or greater
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 (or 63/65) preferred
- Life, Accident, & Health Insurance licenses preferred or ability to obtain within 180 days
- Certified Financial Planner®, currently pursuing CFP® designation, or ability to obtain within 12 months
- 2+ years of financial services or related experience
- Track record of success in academic and/or career endeavors
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365® software (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Experience with custodial platforms and exposure to financial planning software
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction
- Successful completion of a background check and pre-employment assessments