Financial Services Representative
Join a fast paced and growing company where you are a recognized contributor.
Financial Services Representatives (FSRs) are the primary lead generators for Covenant Trust, driving new business growth for the company. The FSR generates leads and prospects through working with Evangelical Covenant Church entities and ministries, philanthropic organizations and boards, and conversations with interested individuals. Through presentations, the FSR demonstrates the value of becoming a Covenant Trust client. The FSR is the client and prospect relationship manager.
- Brings in new managed money and estate planning clients for Covenant Trust.
- Provides financial and legacy consultation for interested persons.
- Schedules and leads presentations on various financial and legacy planning topics and follows up on inquiries generated by such presentations.
- Establishes and maintains regular contact with conference superintendent, pastors and leaders of other Covenant ministries in assigned conference(s).
- Regularly visits Covenant Living retirement community in Grand Rapids.
- Serves as Covenant Trust’s on-site representative to gather and transmit information and/or documents as needed between the client and Covenant Trust.
- Meets with ministry boards, attends conference annual meeting, ministerium meetings (as invited), offers presentations for the meetings.
- Maintains regular contact with all known prospects in assigned region(s) as well as clients.
- Participates in regularly scheduled administrative reviews of client accounts with Covenant Trust trust administrator.
What we look for:
- Five (5) years’ experience in the financial services industry.
- CFP® designation preferred, or other demonstrated financial expertise.
- Unwavering personal integrity and ethics.
- Excellent communication (oral and written, English) and interpersonal and client/customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Self-directed and motivated, able to work independently with excellent follow through and attention to detail, yet also able to work collaboratively with other FSRs and corporate office staff.
- Outgoing personality, comfortable meeting and talking with all types of people.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and build relationships based on trust
- Ability and willingness to schedule presentations or meet with clients/prospects on evenings or weekends.
- Understanding of the Evangelical Covenant Church and its mission is desired.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) skills are a plus.