We are looking for a CFP with at least 3-5 years of experience, to join our team, make an immediate impact playing the necessary and well-defined role of Financial Planner, and enter our professional development program.
For a talented candidate who aspires to grow into a management role within the firm, opportunities will abound for training, mentorship, and advancement within our supportive, collegial, and high-performing culture.
In short, our Financial Planner position is designed to provide an immersive experience in the operations of a thriving and professional comprehensive financial planning firm while playing a pivotal role at the center of our firm’s client service activity.
The essence of our Financial Planner role is:
- To ensure that our clients receive what we promise to them in a timely and professional manner, by the appropriate members of our team, using our suite of proprietary systems.
The primary responsibilities of our Financial Planner are:
- Recording and stewarding the information that is generated via client meetings and other interactions, such as phone conversations and emails
- Preparing investment review materials
- Meeting with financial planners to review, strategize around, and finalize the materials they will use in the upcoming client meetings
- Creating work orders in our task management system
- Assist in trading responsibilities
- Owning and executing most types of client service tasks
- Facilitating various account opening, funding, and maintenance processes
- Assisting our financial planners in gathering data and formulating advice for clients in a broad range of areas where they look to us for guidance, such as: tax reduction strategies, estate planning, insurance structure and review, and investment planning
Perhaps equally important to what you will be doing as Financial Planner is what you will not be expected to do:
- Sit at a reception desk
- Serve as a personal assistant
- Make marketing or prospecting calls
All candidates must:
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Demonstrate diligent attention to detail
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit a desire for customer service excellence
- Have attained at least a bachelor’s degree education
- 3-5+ years of financial services experience (CFP preferred)