Certified Financial Planner
Hollow Brook Wealth Management (HBWM) is a full-service, fee-only wealth management firm focused on high and ultra-high net worth clients. HBWM currently has approximately 900mm+ in assets under advisement. We are a growing firm that maintains a close relationship with our clients due to our strong belief and commitment to providing the time necessary to truly help our clients accomplish their individual goals. Our process starts with listening to and understanding the needs of each client, followed by fulfilling those needs with uniquely devised strategies, plans, and solutions.
Hollow Brook is seeking an exceptionally bright Certified Financial Planner (CFP) to join its growing team.
This is an outstanding career growth opportunity for a technically competent and service-minded professional to hone and extend their wealth management capabilities and skills and become an integral member of our diverse and highly regarded firm. Key responsibilities will include establishing and maintaining client relationships, providing expert financial planning and investment advice, retaining and increasing client assets under management and supporting HBWM’s s business development efforts in the acquisition of new business.
This CFP will work with clients to develop their wealth management strategy, assist the team to implement the strategy, and meet with the clients on a regular basis. The CFP will manage the holistic wealth advisory plans to help clients achieve their financial goals. Examples of holistic wealth advisory services include retirement planning, estate planning, tax planning, risk management, cash flow management and budgeting, education planning, and gift planning along with other services as needed. The CFP will work with the clients’ other professional advisors in providing these services. The CFP has responsibility for sourcing new business and closing new business, when assigned to them.
This Associate will be an integral part of the team and will report directly to Mark Mumford, Director & Client Advisor and will work closely with the partners to assist with the financial planning needs of clients and develop new business. The ideal candidate will possess relevant experience (e.g. financial planning, wealth management or related) and a strong desire to provide a best in class client experience. This position is responsible for providing support and expertise which includes data gathering, case design, scenario building, and investment casework. The CFP assists in servicing firm clients in all facets of the business.
Candidates should have a strong record of success. Candidates should also be highly motivated, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and able to work well independently and in teams. Attention to detail and a focus on accuracy; ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously; flexible schedule; positive attitude and willingness to perform routine tasks and go the extra mile are critical. Strong integrity is necessary due to the highly confidential nature of the information handled. Joining HBWM at this stage of the firm’s development is a unique opportunity. Our team is well respected, experienced, and capable. We offer excellent benefits and working conditions.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Build a strong understanding of the team’s philosophy and process
- Proactively convert prospects to clients
- Develop written wealth management plans: define financial goals and opportunities; assist in implementation of investment and wealth strategies
- Conduct periodic progress meetings with clients
- Provide continuing education to clients regarding firm planning and investment philosophies
- Manage complex client accounts
- Build trusted relationships with referral sources through well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Meet annual pre-determined revenue goals
· Manage our existing, as well as potential, client relationships by effectively communicating the value of our financial planning services. Meet frequently with these high net worth individuals and families to strengthen the client and advisor relationship
· Determine a client’s goals, objectives, and unique circumstances to create a comprehensive financial plan encompassing all areas of personal wealth management
· Develop a personalized investment policy statement by working with clients to structure their investments to meet their goals. Deliver portfolio reviews to provide ongoing education of the firm’s investment strategy
· Work with CPAs or associate advisors to review quarterly and/or annual (year-end) tax planning opportunities
· Conduct research based on individual client needs in relation to many areas such as estate planning, investments, social security, etc.
· Contribute to the firm’s culture of business development (e.g., attending client events and/or networking with Centers of Influence and developing strategic firm initiatives)
· Enter client information into financial planning software and create drafts of financial plans for review by Advisors and Lead Advisors
· Conduct research as needed and work with client’s other advisors (attorneys, CPAs, etc.) to obtain all necessary data for financial planning analyses
· Prepare asset allocation charts, retirement forecasts, cash flow analyses, education forecasts, insurance analyses, estate flows, etc
· Attend client and prospect meetings as requested with Advisors and Lead Advisors; manage/complete meeting follow-up activities
· Prepare prospect meeting materials to include new business proposals, presentations, etc.; meet with new clients to review paperwork if needed
· Field client calls on various planning items and other miscellaneous requests
· Research products and held away assets and contact carriers for information
· Identify opportunities within existing and new client profiles for Advisors and Lead Advisors to cultivate.
· Work with the Client Service Administrators to ensure client review meetings are prepared for thoroughly and accurately
· Handle, in concert with the Client Service Administrators, client service responsibilities, including but not limited to regular client contact and communications, conducting account reviews, and addressing client related communications
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required with a strong academic track record
- CFP certificate required
- CPA/JD or prior exposure to income tax planning and analysis is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of client- facing experience in financial planning, tax and/or wealth management with a focus on the high and ultra-high net space
- Deep knowledge of financial, tax and estate planning
- Ability to identify, meet, and follow through with client needs and requirements
- Client service and business development experience
- Leading client relationships and communicating with clients in an effective manner
- Strong knowledge of planning areas including investments, budgeting, taxes, risk management and estate planning
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills required
- Strong fluency with eMoney and Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required
- An extreme level of discretion and respect for client confidentiality
- Smart-analytical mind
- Proactive self-starter
- Detail oriented
- Hard-working/multi-tasking ability
- Team player attitude
- Treats people well
- Upbeat positive personality