High Net Worth Financial Advisor
Good financial advisors are hard to find, but at Motley Fool Wealth Management we pride ourselves on having a strong team of experienced, savvy CFP professionals. You, too, could be a part of our all-star team!
As a High Net Worth Financial Advisor, you’ll be one part fiduciary advisor, one part sales machine, and one part client service. Our marketing engine is gathering leads at breakneck speed, so there’s no need for cold calling or traveling sales, but you’ll be focused on (and measured by!) lead conversions. We’re looking for a self-starter that can represent the Foolish brand proudly in the quest to turn prospects into clients, and clients into evangelists.
Our purpose at The Motley Fool is "To Make the World Smarter, Happier, and Richer", and on the Motley Fool Wealth Management team, we get to help pursue that goal in a very direct way by managing our clients’ nest eggs and providing personalized advice. Motley Fool Wealth Management is a Registered Investment Advisor managing over $1.5 billion in stock-focused managed accounts. We also offer index-based investing, but it represents less than 1% of client assets. Our sister companies include Motley Fool Asset Management with over $1 billion in assets in mutual funds and ETFs; 1623 Capital with over $100 million in managed assets in a hedge fund; Motley Fool Ventures with over $150 million in a venture fund; and Lakehouse Capital with over $300 AUD million in Australian performance funds.
There’s a lot that makes us different from a “traditional” advisory practice -
- Prospect meetings are virtual by default. When a prospect books a meeting, that takes place as a phone call with rare in-office visits as exceptions. You will be the first point of contact for prospective clients.
- Our investment strategies are focused on individual stock picking. While you needn’t be a stock picker yourself, believing in the success of our actively managed stock strategies is a must for this role. Our portfolio management team picks the stocks that make up our asset class models, and you’ll be helping to construct those models into a personalized portfolio for clients.
- We operate as a team. You’ll be the main point of contact for your curated book of business, but we also have thousands of clients that are served on a team service model and we’re all wearing multiple jester hats.
- There’s room to grow. Fool Wealth has sister companies that include mutual funds, a hedge fund, a venture fund, and we’re always looking at ways to expand our Foolish investing reach.
In this role you’ll be balancing the needs of our aggressive growth goals with servicing our existing client base, including the following responsibilities:
- Develop fluency in our core managed account program in order to get clients into the right solutions for their specific situation
- Deepen relationships with HNW clients and provide comprehensive financial planning for households with over $1 million under management.
- Work with clients on rebalancing their investments annually, accounting for special circumstances that warrant non-traditional asset allocations.
- Maintain a sales rhythm that includes inbound appointments as well as outbound efforts to nurture leads along the sales pipeline. You’ll be accountable for conversion on your client appointments and continually sharpening your sales process.
- Embrace metrics that drive business results - we’ll be measuring conversion rates and retention rates as KPI’s.
- Provide sound financial advice at all client levels, whether you are being asked about IRA contribution limits or limit orders
- Build strong relationships and partner on feedback with our internal teams, including client service, marketing, portfolio managers, traders, operations, and developers.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM designation
- 3+ years of experience as a fiduciary financial advisor
- Show us you listen, anticipate, and overcome the objections and can move to resolution to drive both sales AND satisfaction
- Self-motivated with strong desire to achieve powerful results tied to the firm’s aggressive growth goals
- Be adaptable with a “Top It” mentality. Things change and our organization as a whole moves fast - the successful Fools are charged by this energy. If you think there’s a better way to do things, raise it up in conjunction with a thoughtful suggestion
- Must be able to prioritize independently and in alignment with the firm’s business goals
- Excellent communicator at all levels - when talking to prospective clients, when sharing results and information with team, when sharing results and information with leadership
- Experience with CRM software, particularly Hubspot and Orion Advisor Services
- Series 7 and 66 are a plus
- Existing book of business is a plus