THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION
The Guided Pathways Services Financial Advisor consults directly with ICMA-RC participants via telephone to deliver personalized investment solutions consistent with our mission of building public sector retirement security.
This sales-oriented role requires inbound and outbound calls engaging participants in exploratory conversations that identify retirement savings needs and work toward providing appropriate retirement security solutions.
Retirement security solutions include new business opportunities such as enrollment in Managed Accounts, attracting/ consolidating rollover of outside assets, and retention of existing participant accounts.
Essential functions for this role include:
- Empathize with participants and find opportunities to expand their engagement with ICMA-RC, focused on the participant taking action that will lead to the successful replacement of their monthly income need in retirement.
- When appropriate and in the plan participant’s best interest, maximize the use of ICMA-RC’s products and services to include Managed Accounts through Morningstar Investment Management.
- Provide subject matter expertise and in-depth knowledge of the Managed Accounts product and methodology.
- Successfully persuade people to take action to improve their retirement readiness.
- Identify and execute a defined strategy leading to new business growth opportunities to include the consolidation/ roll-in of eligible participant assets while retaining current participant accounts and assets.
- Achieve established metrics for the role; which may include but not limited to increasing the participant’s overall diversification and wealth accumulation.
- Follow practical application of all compliance, regulatory, and company policies and guidelines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule of hours Monday through Friday (no weekends), between the hours of 8:30am-9pm ET; preferred shift will be 10:30am-7pm.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- FINRA 65 REQUIRED
- 3-5 years experience; 3 years of customer contact experience in a sales or call center environment to include frequent (e.g., daily) communications with customers via telephone, e-mail and/or face-to-face preferably in the financial services arena.
- Strong oral communications, business writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide financial guidance and advice using sound investment practices
- Strong knowledge of retirement plan products and regulatory guidelines
- Strong working knowledge of ICMA-RC’s products, preferred
- Ability to connect with participants via the phone and provide a quality customer service experience.
- Driven to not only meet but exceed all organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to apply industry and corporate knowledge to handle all but the most complex problems independently.
- Actively anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts accordingly
- Proactively seeks ways to improve operations, preferred
- Experienced and comfortable with cold calling.
- Experienced and comfortable with public speaking, preferred